Author Topic: How to connect a WHR-G300N to a WZR-HP-G300NH?  (Read 11515 times)

ganny21

• Calf
Re: How to connect a WHR-G300N to a WZR-HP-G300NH?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 03:02:46 AM »

Hi PCPiranha,

I will be in japan for the next couple of days. I am planning to buy the buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH model. My purpose is it to use this in India. Will i be able to setup the router without the knowledge of Japanese?.

Please advise how should i go about this.Shall i buy the product in Japan ?.I saw a few softwares anddrivers available for this model, with that will i be able to manage the installation. Please confirm

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Ganny

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 02:58:23 PM »

I would not purchase the unit in Japan.  Not only will it be difficult to set up but you will be unable to flash the English firmware on it.

Lastly we wouldn't be able to support the router as Japan has their own support line.

Sorry for the inconvenience..

beatloafer

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »

Colin137 wrote:

You seem to think that your assumptions about a product having a feature that it doesn't is Buffalo's fault... I fail to understand this.

I'm admitting that it was an assumption made on my part.  My point is that it is a reasonable assumption to make.  WDS is an great feature and the reason I love my old Buffalo routers.  Honestly, my confusion was with the term Access Point... I just assumed that it could be an access point wirelessly, just like my old Buffalo routers.  I don't think it's hard to see why anyone could make that connection.  The original poster made that assumption and I made that assumption.  What Buffalo could do is possibly make a bigger deal about WDS on the products that have WDS... since it is such a unique feature.  They could also enlist moderators with better customer service skills and more compassion for the consumer.

Colin137 wrote:

Regardless of the issue at hand, I suggest you lighten up your tone. Personal attacks such as incorrectly claiming I've copy-pasted definitions from the manual are not welcome in this forum. Continuing this abusive behavior will result in a ban.

Colon, your reply to my post started:

Router - blah blah blah...

I feel THAT was a personal attack... listing definitions, implying that I don't know what those terms mean.  I was just getting into the spirit you established for the  thread.  I personally don't care about personal attacks on web forums, so keep please keep 'em coming.  I probably will not frequent this forum anymore though since I returned my G300NH and YOU single handedly made me not want to purchase any more buffalo products.  The Belkin N+ is looking mighty tasty with USB that supports NTFS... woot!

BlackICE

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 04:38:38 PM »

beatloafer wrote:

I probably will not frequent this forum anymore though since I returned my G300NH and YOU single handedly made me not want to purchase any more buffalo products.  The Belkin N+ is looking mighty tasty with USB that supports NTFS... woot!

Forget the Belkin Wlan products! I tested some of them (including the N+) and besides the fact that you do not get the throughput you want, there are also numerous connection problems with some clients (with clients, which have no problems with other AP).

Stick to Buffalo instead but choose other modell than the WZR-HP-G300NH.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »

"Honestly, my confusion was with the term Access Point"

This is the issue at hand.  I agree with Colin in the sense that I do not see how this is our fault.

"What Buffalo could do is possibly make a bigger deal about WDS on the products that have WDS"

I will send this request up for you.

"They could also enlist moderators with better customer service skills and more compassion for the consumer."

Colin is one of our best techs when it comes to customer satisfaction (if you don't believe me check out his profile/past posts).  I believe that when he said the part about "watching your tone" he was giving you a fair warning before you got banned.

"Router - blah blah blah...

I feel THAT was a personal attack... listing definitions, implying that I don't know what those terms mean. "

This here could be considered a personal attack.  Colin gave you definitions to help solve the self admitted "confusion" that you WERE having regarding acccess points/WDS.  He didn't imply that you didn't know the definitions, you gave us that impression.  In this very post you said that you were confused over the definition of "access point."  Colin did what he could to quell your confusion.

I am sorry about your frustration regarding networking definitions and the inconveniences that this has caused you.

kartangle1

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 02:51:43 AM »

ok i understand Such a really wonderful information give me i am really impress your post

Message Edited by kartangle1 on 07-18-2009 02:52 AM

noemis

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 07:47:50 AM »

beatloafer is right. I also have G54 and I buy WHR-G300N to replace it. I also expect that WHR-G300N will have WDS, but ...

I think this router is disgrace for Buffalo.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 05:19:48 PM »

"I also expect that WHR-G300N will have WDS, but ..."

What gave you that impression?  Nowhere on the unit/box/website did it say "WDS compliant".

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 09:44:49 PM »
   The router isn't a disgrace, I'm dissapointed by no WDS, since I seen on the box it said it could act as an Access Point and Bridge I assumed it meant WDS bridging but otherwise it's a great router and works/performs great.

sjacky

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 11:05:42 PM »

I just buy WZR-HP-G300NH in HK, it also made me very disappointed that was not support WDS....

I also want to know WDS exit on the future firmware ?

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 03:07:46 PM »

As of now, there are no plans for WDS in future firmware updates. I recommend suggesting the feature in the following thread:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0102&thread.id=2273

monkeypigpirate

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 12:26:16 PM »

Sorry to bump this old thread but I'd just like to request confirmation on something.

I also have a WZR-HP-G300NH and would like to boost the range wirelessly and was looking at ways to do this. From what i've read, I need two routers with WDS enabled to do this. The G300NH has the latest firmware with WDS so I'd just need a second compatible one, is this correct?

One of the rotuers I looked into was the G300N and stumbled across this thread stating G300N doesn't support WDS and so was initially disappointed, however a review elsewere says it now does support WDS (or at least a revision does). The model number quoted was WHR-G300NV2-EU. Does this model have WDS? If so, is this compatible with the WDS feature on the latest WZR firmware (and more importantly, will it do what I want?)

Thanks in advance :)

shady1

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 05:12:45 AM »

I can confim that WHR-G300NV2-EU does have WDS and so does WZR-HP-G300NH which are compatible for wireless bridging.

Also the WZR-HP-G300NH as builtin server for streaming DLNA.

Hope that helps.

venkee

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 08:10:53 AM »

Just buy  the best buffalo router wzr-g300nh and buy a zyxel WAP 3205( only $40) which support WDS.. I succesfully tested by setting the universal repeater mode and it works like charm..

Let us not depend  on dd-wrt/buffalo firmware updates and waste our time..

Also dd-wrt is not required for Zyxel  WAP 3205. The best part is it can connect to any router(with or without DD-WRT) as a client...

monkeypigpirate

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 11:50:16 AM »

Thanks, have now purchased the G300N and successfully set up WDS with my existing G300NH! :smileyhappy: