Author Topic: Need Help Urgently- High sped Router WHR-G125  (Read 5665 times)

alexh1888

• Calf
Need Help Urgently- High sped Router WHR-G125
« on: June 15, 2009, 12:18:49 PM »
   on the 17 step on the installation disc it says that a internet page will come up and when it comes up this is the router establishing a connection with the internet. on this page it says "when connection is established click the close button" which is a button provided below this command. i then click the close button then go back to the disc program then go to step 18 and then it says "setting up air station" i then click next and then it says "Connection With Airstation Failed" Does anyone know what is the problem here ?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Need Help Urgently- High sped Router WHR-G125
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 10:57:55 PM »

Try setting it up manually, this is the most sure fire way to set up the router.  Cancel out of the disk setup utility and reset the router to start over (hold down the button on the bottom of the router.

Heres how you set it up for DSL:

There are two types of DSL Internet Connections: Those which use ausername and password, and those that do not. Which type you havedetermines how the Buffalo router should be configured. There areinstructions below for each type of DSL connection. If you are not surewhich type you have, you can contact your Internet Service Provider,and verify which type you have.

Physical connectionThe DSL modem needs to be connected to the WAN port on the Buffalorouter, and your computer needs to be connected to one of the fournumbered ports on the Buffalo router. The Power LED should beilluminated. The Wireless G led, and red DIAG led may be on. Thereshould NOT be a green bridge led illuminated (it looks like a greenarch). If there is please let us know.

DSL that does NOT use a username and password

First log into the Buffalo router ( http://192.168.11.1), the username is root, and there is no password by default; so youcan leave it blank. Once logged in, click on 'Internet/LAN'. Set'Method of acquire IP address to' 'Acquire an IP Address Automaticallyfrom a DHCP Server', and click 'Apply'. When the router finishesrestarting, check to see if you can get online.

If you are not able to get online, goto 'Diagnostic'. On theDiagnostic page, click on 'release'. Then unplug the power from yourmodem for 5 minutes. Once the DSL modem has been power off for 5minutes, power it back on. On the 'Diagnostic' page, click on 'renew'.Wait about 30 seconds, and try getting online.

DSL that use a username and password

First log into the Buffalo router ( http://192.168.11.1), the username is root, and there is no password by default; so youcan leave it blank. Once logged in, click on 'Internet/LAN'. Set'Method of acquire IP address to'PPPoE Client', and click 'Apply'. Onceit have finished restarting, click on 'PPPoE'. Here you will berequired to enter you DSL account information.

Name of Connection: This can be anything.  It only servers as a labelUser Name         : This is the username from your ISP (example john_smith@aol.com)Password          : This is you password for the DSL accountService Name      : Leave Service name blank.

Once you have the information filled in above, click on 'apply'.  Now, check to see if you can get online.  

Wireless Security (Both types of DSL)

Setting up security really depends on your network.

If you have all buffalo products with AOSS on your network, youcan use that for security. To do this, press the AOSS button on yourrouter for a few seconds until the AOSS light starts blinking, thenopen up the client manager on your wireless computer and click the AOSSbutton in the profile tab. The two will set up a secure connection.Just repeat the same process for all wireless devices.

If you have any non-buffalo devices, you will not be able touse AOSS. First, you will need to determine what security level all ofthe devices on your network support and pick the strongest that eachone has. The possible encryption options are WEP, WPA-PSK TKIP. WPA-PSKAES, and WPA2-PSK. WEP is the weakest, while WPA-PSK AES is the good,and WPA2-PSK is the strongest(not every router and wireless adaptersupports AES, TKIP, or WPA2).

Once you've determined what level of security you can use, toset it up go into the router's configuration. You can do this by goingto "http://192.168.11.1" from a Web browser. The username is "root" and there is no password by default.  Go to 'Wireless Config'->'Security'.

For WEP set 'Wireless Authentication' to Open, and 'WirelessEncryption' to WEP. In the drop down box, select 'Character Input: 13characters (WEP128)'. Then type in 13 letter into the box labeled 1.

For WPA-PSK, or WPA2-PSK, set 'Wireless Authentication' to theappropriate setting. Then enter an encryption key that is atleast 8characters, and click apply. To connect, you will need to enter thepassword or key into each computer that is connecting wirelessly.

Heres how you set it up for cable:

First, unplug the cable modem from power for at least 5 minutes. While it is unplugged, log into the router ( http://192.168.11.1) and click on 'Internet/LAN'. Set the "Method of Obtaining IP Address"to "Automatic via DHCP" and Apply the setting. After the setting isapplied and the router finishes rebooting, unplug it from power. Plugin the cable modem to power and wait for it to fully boot up. Plug theWAN port of the router into the cable modem and then plug it intopower. Once it finishes booting, check to see if you can get aninternet connection.

Setting up security really depends on your network.

If you have all buffalo products with AOSS on your network, youcan use that for security. To do this, press the AOSS button on yourrouter for a few seconds until the AOSS light starts blinking, thenopen up the client manager on your wireless computer and click the AOSSbutton in the profile tab. The two will set up a secure connection.Just repeat the same process for all wireless devices.

If you have any non-buffalo devices, you will not be able touse AOSS. First, you will need to determine what security level all ofthe devices on your network support and pick the strongest that eachone has. The possible encryption options are WEP, WPA-PSK TKIP. WPA-PSKAES, and WPA2-PSK. WEP is the weakest, while WPA-PSK AES is the good,and WPA2-PSK is the strongest(not every router and wireless adaptersupports AES, TKIP, or WPA2).

Once you've determined what level of security you can use, toset it up go into the router's configuration. You can do this by goingto "http://192.168.11.1" from a Web browser. The username is "root" and there is no password by default.  Go to 'Wireless Config'->'Security'.

For WEP set 'Wireless Authentication' to Open, and 'WirelessEncryption' to WEP. In the drop down box, select 'Character Input: 13characters (WEP128)'. Then type in 13 letter into the box labeled 1.

For WPA-PSK, or WPA2-PSK, set 'Wireless Authentication' to theappropriate setting. Then enter an encryption key that is atleast 8characters, and click apply. To connect, you will need to enter thepassword or key into each computer that is connecting wirelessly.

alexh1888

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 03:18:27 PM »
   i cant access the 192.... website i time out

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 03:22:28 PM »
Was this after you reset the router?  Thats odd, try disabling the firewalls on your computer and trying it again.  Also make sure that your computer is hardwired into one of the four grouped ports
Message Edited by PCPiranha on 06-16-2009 03:24 PM

cjw

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 12:01:02 PM »

Check in Norton it blocked mine when i had to reboot because i could not login. hope this helps

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 05:31:22 AM »

cjw wrote:

Check in Norton it blocked mine when i had to reboot because i could not login. hope this helps

Posted:

06-16-2009 09:18 PM

I seriously doubt he is still having the issue.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!