Author Topic: WHR-HP-G300N Security LED is not working.  (Read 2366 times)

cardnexus

• Calf
WHR-HP-G300N Security LED is not working.
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:39:25 PM »

I bought WHR-HP-G300N several weeks ago. The Buffalo firmware just didn't work very well. I downloaded the latest firmware which is DDR-WT and finally the router functions perfectly. However, the security led stops working.

I sent four emails to Buffalo supports and so far only received the same answer which asked me to go to the security tab and pick the security type (WPA2 Personal recommended) and type in the password. The problem is not the secruity tab which I do have WPA2 and passowrd. It is the DDRWT and makes the LED stops blinking.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: WHR-HP-G300N Security LED is not working.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 06:32:35 AM »

confirmed, issue has been raised and will be resolved with a FW update soon.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

cardnexus

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:34:38 AM »

So I'm not the only one?

Thanks,

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:51:39 AM »

nope your not the only one, tested it and got the same results myself.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

cardnexus

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 10:05:17 AM »

Thanks!!

jai23155

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 04:30:43 AM »

Hi, to be honest, I am irritated and thinking of buying a router which is not buffalo. we are using WZR-HP-G300N as wireless access point (device is connected to switch). One day our network was down, when it was restored, security LED started showing red sign and we can connect to the router but no internet access. when I checked the router web interface 192.168.11.1, there is nothing similar to manual. It is showing up as DHCP or PPPoE server not found. I tried all possible ways found on internet.  Could some one please help me. 

jai23155

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 10:34:02 AM »

I can still get the internet when am connected to the device through wired connection. i guess some thing wrong with security settings, used the both mixed mode settings which are recommended though.