Author Topic: WHR-G300N support MIMO?  (Read 3049 times)

Darkwing

• Calf
WHR-G300N support MIMO?
« on: June 10, 2009, 08:11:17 AM »

Hi,

I bought the WHR-G300N and am a bit confused about contradicting info on the site. It says that the Nfiniti range supports MIMO and other features. See below, I highlighted my confusion in red;

What is Nfiniti (draft 802.11n)?

Nfiniti is based on the next-generation wireless standard (draft 802.11n), promising to deliver maximum performance and superior range that surpasses all previous wireless technology. Draft 802.11n is also backwards compatible with wireless 802.11b/g networks.

Buffalo's Nfiniti products use the Broadcom Intensi-fi™ technology chipset. This technology has been adopted by a number of leading manufacturers and ensures interoperable wireless products for bandwidth-hungry applications from multiple manufacturers.

Nfiniti™ from Buffalo with Intensi-fi™ technology chipset uses 4 cutting edge technologies to give you optimal wireless range and performance:

• MIMO
    MIMO is an acronym for multiple-input multiple-output. This refers to the use of multiple antennas for multiple radio transmissions at the same time to maximize performance.
  • Smart Antennas
    Smart Antenna refers to a system of antenna with smart processing capabilities that are used to identify the direction of the signal.
  • Multiple Spatial Streams
    Numerous streams of content can move over the same wireless channel at the same time, multiplying the capacity of each channel.
  • Double-Wide Channels
    Uses two 20 MHz wide channels (when available) to double the bandwidth of the wireless transmission.

My question is, the Nfiniti WHR-G300N doesn't use a Broadcom intensi-fi chipset but a Ralink, does it still uses MIMO and other features mentioned above?

Thanks for clarification.

DW