Author Topic: Windows XP Pre-Logon Util for use with Buffalo wireless USB WLI-UC-G300N  (Read 3043 times)

egroover

• Calf

Hello all

First post, hope you can help

We've just purchased for work a large number of the WLI-UC-G300N wireless usb sticks for use on a number of machines all running XP

I know that Vista natively supports Single Sign On (SSO)/Pre-Logon but XP does not.  However, I know that there are wireless manufacturers (eg Intel) that supply the wireless utility which allows SSO, which in turn will allow for WPA2 and 802.1x (radius) authentication, using the supplied domain name username and password to authenticate to the wireless AP prior to logging onto to the domain (pauses the domain logon whilst authenticating to the AP)

Does anyone know if there is a driver/util that will support this that will work with teh Buffalo WLI-UC-G300N devices.

I know that these use a broadcomm chipset, so do you think another vendor's util will be compatible.

Unfortunately we will be stuck with XP for at least the next 2 years, and we have to move to WPA2 with 802.1x authentication by the end of the year, so have gotta find a way somehow!

Many thanks in advance!

Paul