Author Topic: What's going on my WZR-HP-G300NH?  (Read 9189 times)

Babel2

• Calf
What's going on my WZR-HP-G300NH?
« on: June 03, 2009, 09:25:42 PM »

I got following log on it. And then the performance goes down!! What's going on here?

################################################
# This is the AirStation log File.
# Model = WZR-HP-G300NH Ver1.60
# LAN MAC = 00:1D:73:xx:xx:xx
# Date = 2009/06/03

2009/06/03 19:11:08        NAT  ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
2009/06/03 19:11:03        NAT  ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
2009/06/03 19:11:00        NAT  ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.

*SNIP*

Edited by Colin137: removed redundant log entries
Message Edited by Colin137 on 06-06-2009 05:12 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: What's going on my WZR-HP-G300NH?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:33:41 PM »

Well it appears you've identified why there's several posts regarding the router locking up after a certain time period.

The log file shows that the NAT table is becoming full, and not removing old connections. How long does it take before that happens? And what kind of things do you use the router for?

I'll forward this information to our engineers so they can prepare a firmware update to fix the issue. 

Babel2

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 01:33:08 AM »

Thank you for your reply. I've also sent an e-mail to your tech support, but still you tech supp rep does not reply me so far. 

>How long does it take before that happens?

I do not know,because I do not care the router running time as a normal user.

>And what kind of things do you use the router for?

As well as ordinary usage that it is only for Internet access. I do not use special function such as NAS, PPPoE,DDNS,VPN,IP filter and so on.  

8 users are going thru this router to Internet.

Still sometimes I get this LOG. How can I avoid this? I need to wait for the firmware update? When is that available?

I do not want to wait fora long time or will discontinue it.

Message Edited by Babel2 on 06-05-2009 06:20 AM

Babel2

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 02:58:18 PM »

Still I got them!! Do you have any idea to stop them?

The tech supp has not contacted me. I'm waiting for more than 48hours!!

Thank you. 

# Model = WZR-HP-G300NH Ver1.60

# LAN MAC = 00:1D:73:xx:xx:xx

# Date = 2009/06/06

2009/06/06 12:40:07        NAT  ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.

2009/06/06 12:40:02        NAT  ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.

*SNIP*

Message Edited by Colin137 on 06-06-2009 05:12 PM

Babel2

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »

And one more! I'm getting them also. What's going on?

# Date = 2009/06/06

2009/06/06 12:58:57      DHCPS sending ACK to 172.28.38.105

2009/06/06 12:58:57      DHCPS Request incoming from ECxxxxxxxxxxxx(len:15)

2009/06/06 12:57:53      DHCPS sending ACK to 172.28.38.105

2009/06/06 12:57:53      DHCPS Request incoming from ECxxxxxxxxxxxx(len:15)

2009/06/06 12:56:49      DHCPS sending ACK to 172.28.38.105

2009/06/06 12:56:49      DHCPS Request incoming from ECxxxxxxxxxxxx(len:15)

*SNIP*

Message Edited by Colin137 on 06-06-2009 05:13 PM

blade117runner

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 05:20:03 PM »
   I got these errors too. That was one week ago. I contacted tech support the past Monday and have not received a reply. I googled the error and it may have something to do with bit torrents. I was using utorrent then and have many going at the time. I reduced the global maximum number of connections in my utorrent settings (which I never have to do with my previous Netgear router) and so far so good, though I only have a couple of torrents going since then so whether it actually resolves the problem remains to be seen.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 05:26:24 PM »

Babel2 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I've also sent an e-mail to your tech support, but still you tech supp rep does not reply me so far. 

>How long does it take before that happens?

I do not know,because I do not care the router running time as a normal user.

>And what kind of things do you use the router for?

As well as ordinary usage that it is only for Internet access. I do not use special function such as NAS, PPPoE,DDNS,VPN,IP filter and so on.  

8 users are going thru this router to Internet.

Still sometimes I get this LOG. How can I avoid this? I need to wait for the firmware update? When is that available?

I do not want to wait fora long time or will discontinue it.

Message Edited by Babel2 on 06-05-2009 06:20 AM

This forum is moderated by Buffalo's technical support reps, so you'll get the same support here as you would via email. PleasePM me with the email address you used to contact us, and I'll see thatthe email is addressed. I couldn't find any unanswered emails with theemail address that you registered on the forum with.

Theissue will take time to resolve, it's not something that can be takencare of within a matter of days. I estimate that it will take at leasta few weeks to isolate the issue and prepare a firmware update. As I've said, our engineers now know more detail about the issue, and are working hard to resolve it.

Pleaserefrain from posting huge log files, this detracts from the readabilityof the thread. A few examples and a note saying the logs keep repeatingevery so often is sufficient.
Message Edited by Colin137 on 06-06-2009 05:27 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »
In the meantime, the resolution is to simply reboot the router. Unplug the power cable for 5 seconds, plug it back in, and this will clear out the NAT table... at least until the next time it fills up.

Babel2

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 09:41:57 AM »

>Please PM me
What does PM stand for?

>I couldn't find any unanswered emails with the email address that you registered on the forum with.
It is strange!! If so,I suppose you have some problem for your QA support entry system.
The URL is “http://www.buffalotech.com/contact/?contact_support”

Because of I got auto reply from you on Jun.3rd as follows. 

============================================================================
Flag this message
Area of interest: Wireless/Storage/Multimedia/Memory SupportWednesday, June 3, 2009 7:34 PM
From: "Buffalo Technology" <info2@buffalotech.com>Add sender to Contacts
To: xxxxx@xx.com
Hello Xxxxxx Xxxxxx,

Thank you for submitting your email inquiry. Your inquiry has been directed to the appropriate party and will be handled within 48 hours. Feel free to browse our Knowledge Base or Technology Center sections to learn more about Buffalo Technology products. 

First Name: Xxxxxx
Last Name: Xxxxxx
Email: xxxxx@xx.com
Buffalo Product: Wireless
Operating System: LINUX
Connection Type: WIRELESS

How may we assist you?:
llowing log on it. And then the performance goes down!! What's going on here?
# Date = 2009/06/03
2009/06/03 19:11:08        NAT  ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
2009/06/03 19:11:03        NAT  ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
2009/06/03 19:11:00        NAT  ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
*Snipped myself*

Buffalo Technology (USA), Inc.
11100 Metric Boulevard, Suite 750
Austin, TX 78758 USA
Phone: 512-794-8533
Fax: 512-794-8520
info2@buffalotech.com

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 01:55:36 PM »

PM means "Private Message". You can send me one by clicking on my name, then clicking "Send this user a private message" on the right side of the page.

My apologies for missing the email. We recently did some changes on our email system, and there was a slight learning curve. I've since replied, although you'll see it's pretty much the same as my responses in this thread.

Everyone,

If you have this issue, or notice that this specific router is locking up every few days or so, please post with the following information:

What settings have been changed from the default?

What do you use the router for? For example, regular web browsing and email, Bittorrent, webserver?

cyberstupid

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 09:40:11 PM »

I have to restart my router every 7-8 days.

I didn't change any of the settings. everythings in default

I use mine for web browsing, email, bittorrent, NAS & internet gaming (PS3 & Wii)

I have 3 laptops connected in wireless, PS3 & Wii also connected in wireless, 1 desktop connected in wireless & 2 desktop connected in wire. All devices are in 802.11g

Updated: If the USB Storage is in use, it will fill up the NAT table much faster. 

Message Edited by cyberstupid on 06-12-2009 10:40 AM

necostanzo

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 12:49:21 AM »

Hello.  I am having the same problems.  I was having problems initially connecting via DHCP and stumbled upon the solution...I set the router switch from auto>>>on and selected DHCP on my own.   I do have one simple suggestion during the WAN setup...please have engineers change the wording from  "communicating" to "connected".  One might misconstrue (like myself) that when it displays "communicating" it is handshaking the DHCP connection when in reality it has already made the connection.  This problem has fixed itself, but not after 30 min of pain.  BTW, the internet connection is via Motorola Cable modem provided from Charter cable.  Every other router I connected to the modem worked instantly without issues except this router.  Now for my current problem:

I am having the same exact problem discribed in this thread.  The router works perfect for 1-2 days then completely rejects wireless connections.  This is my configuration:

Router>>>>Motorola cable modem

wired>>>>1 desktop

USB>>>>1TB Fat32 WD external usb drive

wireless>>>>2 laptops and WII

currently use router for email & websurfing

using the built-in BitTorrent client to download/save/share TV shows.

My wireless computers can see the router (it is broadcasting the SSID), but it will not allow handshake any wireless connections.

Currently have to unplug/restart the router to repair and reconnect.

I would love a fix for this problem as I love this router and all the features.  In fact, I'd buy another one for my second property, but only after they fix the continual reboots.  On a related note, I have a 2Wire DSL wireless router/modem from Qwest at my other property and I have literally went over a whole year without having to reboot.  Suggesting a weekly reboot of the device validates weak/inferior hardware and/or firmware.  All devices should strive for extended periods of uptime without having to reboot the device.  It reminds me of the old Win98 answer to accomplish daily reboots to solve the problems of a crappy OS.  Things got better and I can now go weeks/months without having to reboot WinXP pro.

Enuf rant....let's get this firmware out of 1st gear (ver 1.60) and on to 2nd gear ASAP.

Cheers, Nick

ksec

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 10:19:25 AM »
   I am going to repeat here. The same problem still exisit.

zaphod777

• Tatanka
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 10:33:32 AM »

necostanzo wrote:

Hello.  I am having the same problems.  I was having problems initially connecting via DHCP and stumbled upon the solution...I set the router switch from auto>>>on and selected DHCP on my own.   I do have one simple suggestion during the WAN setup...please have engineers change the wording from  "communicating" to "connected".  One might misconstrue (like myself) that when it displays "communicating" it is handshaking the DHCP connection when in reality it has already made the connection.  This problem has fixed itself, but not after 30 min of pain.  BTW, the internet connection is via Motorola Cable modem provided from Charter cable.  Every other router I connected to the modem worked instantly without issues except this router.  Now for my current problem:

I am having the same exact problem discribed in this thread.  The router works perfect for 1-2 days then completely rejects wireless connections.  This is my configuration:

Router>>>>Motorola cable modem

wired>>>>1 desktop

USB>>>>1TB Fat32 WD external usb drive

wireless>>>>2 laptops and WII

currently use router for email & websurfing

using the built-in BitTorrent client to download/save/share TV shows.

My wireless computers can see the router (it is broadcasting the SSID), but it will not allow handshake any wireless connections.

Currently have to unplug/restart the router to repair and reconnect.

I would love a fix for this problem as I love this router and all the features.  In fact, I'd buy another one for my second property, but only after they fix the continual reboots.  On a related note, I have a 2Wire DSL wireless router/modem from Qwest at my other property and I have literally went over a whole year without having to reboot.  Suggesting a weekly reboot of the device validates weak/inferior hardware and/or firmware.  All devices should strive for extended periods of uptime without having to reboot the device.  It reminds me of the old Win98 answer to accomplish daily reboots to solve the problems of a crappy OS.  Things got better and I can now go weeks/months without having to reboot WinXP pro.

Enuf rant....let's get this firmware out of 1st gear (ver 1.60) and on to 2nd gear ASAP.

Cheers, Nick

I have a similare configuration and get the same issue. the only difference is I am using xfs on my 1TB NAS. I also have the Japanese model running 1.62 r1.16.

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 04:59:06 PM »

this issue is addressed in FW1.65, availble in download section of Buffalotech US and UK sites