Author Topic: WZR2G300N Router & XBox Live Problem  (Read 4794 times)

lmwjerry

• Calf
WZR2G300N Router & XBox Live Problem
« on: June 01, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »
   We are having trouble with the speed that XBox Live is working at as well as an IP address Conflict.  Microsoft told us to open ports on the Router.  Buffalo had me put in the XBox IP address under DMZ settings (192.168.11.5).  My ISP provider had me enable UPnP settings.  None of this worked so I went back and opened up the ports in Buffalo.  Still no difference.  XBox live is constantly slowing down and has a bad signal.  Netflix works okay.  Interestingly enough the Xbox works better when you disconnect the internet connection on my laptop which is in the next room (IP address on lap top is 192.168.11.3).  Even they do have different IP addresses, my laptop is saying there is an IP address conflict and while there are other computers in the house there is no IP address conflict with any of them and none of them seem to have an effect on the XBox.  Anyone have any other suggestions?

james557

• Calf
Re: WZR2G300N Router & XBox Live Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 04:39:55 PM »
   The speed can be caused by the other computers on the network with the Xbox. For example if you have say 5 computers on one single network with one internet connection there will be a difference in speed because those other machines are taking bandwith from the same place. If the ports are all open and everything connects where it needs to go there may be a wireless interference issue as well. Wireless routers like ours use 2.4Ghz frequency range and a lot of cordless phones do as well. You can try to set a channel in the router to somewhat calm that interference. If you log into the router just as you did when opening the ports and go to wireless config and then basic 11G you will wee under the ssid a wireless channel dropdown menu. Select channel 1, 6, or 11. Those are the strongest channels with no overlap in frequency.

lmwjerry

• Calf
Re: WZR2G300N Router & XBox Live Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 06:01:11 AM »
   Changed to channel 1 but no difference.