Author Topic: Firmware for wzr-hp-g300nh?  (Read 8658 times)

smellyfish

• Calf
Firmware for wzr-hp-g300nh?
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:44:02 PM »
   I was just checking to see If there was any firmware updates for this router? I did not see any listed under downloads for this router.

dgkelp

• Tatanka
Re: Firmware for wzr-hp-g300nh?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:09:12 PM »
   The model router you have is technically a brand new router so Buffalo has yet to come out with a firmware update for it.

Harold_Saxon

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:30:09 PM »

You really should. Perhaps there could be an option: Enable High Power Y/N

So far this router has LESS power than either a Lynksys WAP54g or a Netgear 854T...so that enable y/n option would be really nice.

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 06:57:11 AM »

Have you checked your wireless channel settings? Considering it is wireless, there easily can be interference!

Go through all the channels and find one that is best for your area! I have not seen any signal issues with this router, maybe a bad antenna?

FW updates have been talked about through out the forum. It takes our region a while to get it since it is written, beta tested, revised, test again, etc., then translated and then sent here for final preperation and debugging before being posted.

tokyoboy

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 10:01:28 PM »

(I bought this product yesterday and it installed very smoothly.)

Even if it is a new router it would be nice to be able to get the links to the current firmware (Japanese version and English version) incase we want to see the differences or restore to a previous version. Or even to overwrite the current version if we feel something is wrong because on some routers I have been told to update firmware before if I had an issue.

I have been searching for hours to find a link to even the basic english 1.60 firmware for download.

tokyoboy

tokyoboy

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 04:01:22 AM »

Well I have been able to solve half my demand:

Japanese firmware(Version 1.60):

Windows:

http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/lan/wzr-hp-g300nh_fw-win.html

Macintosh:

http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/lan/wzr-hp-g300nh_fw-mac.html 

Now if I can find the English ones I would be happy.

Tokyoboy 

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 06:39:30 AM »

Well, the firmware you get depends when where the product was purchased from. If it is a Japanese product then, yes, you need the Japanese FW (which I believe is not in English).

If you purchased your unit in North America then you go to this site (buffalotech.com) and Support then Downloads and select the model number of the router (wzr-hp-g300nh) and up comes all the downloads for it once you enter in the N.A. serial number from the unit, though I believe Buffalo took the FW down for now until they get the latest version.

Where did you purchase your unit from? 

tokyoboy

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 07:32:48 AM »

Well I bought the unit from a store here in Japan in Shibuya called labia so its is a japanese unit and i have it up and running now I have the benefit of having an english OS which Buffalo doesn't support their devices on according to the disclaimer in the above links I posted.

So from the day I plugged it in it was "unsupported" which is kind of funny. Anyways as it is up and running and I can cut and paste into a web translator or muddle through the japanese I have not done anything to the firmware whichis still version 1.60 although I have seen posts around the net proclaiming 1.62 is out but who knows for sure.

Still wouldn't mind having the english firmware though just in case.Although I have checked the bufflatech site and there is only links to archived firmware with nothing for the WZR-HP-G300NH.

Tokyoboy