Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH Router  (Read 4494 times)

allegrolyt

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH Router
« on: May 25, 2009, 10:02:23 PM »
   I bought this router yesterday I connected it like the insturctions said and spent the rest of the day trying to get it to work. 1st problem I had is that it would pick up the ip address from my cable modem. Had to rest both pieces of equipment 8-9 times before that worked, then the wireless connections would not work, with no security on and with the simplessed connection WEP, that did not work and after reseting it too many times it would get the IP from my router again. I am very diappionted with this router and it I can't get it to work I will return it can someone call me? Or give me some insight?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH Router
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 05:05:55 PM »

Well if its not getting an IP I would try powercycling the modum (uplug the power and let it sit for 2 min.).  Especially if it is a cable modum as they have a tendancy to hang on to the Mac address of the last device they were attached to.  Then I would try powercycling the router.

Also when you say that it wasn't working wirelessly does that mean you had it working harwired?

For additional support, feel free to contact our support line at (866) 752-6210

Twisted_Pear

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:21:41 AM »

Try setting the router's physical switch to router mode and in the web admin setting under "Internet/LAN" set it to Acquire an IP Address Automatically from a DHCP Server. Its automatic modes are not really that automatic I guess.

I had a lot of trouble with it getting a WAN IP address until I made those changes. And it sucks since the router seems to need to be restarted every so often to clear the cobwebs.

Message Edited by Twisted_Pear on 06-03-2009 12:22 AM
Message Edited by Twisted_Pear on 06-03-2009 12:22 AM

gdoes

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 03:16:40 PM »

I had the same problem and only got mine to work once I physically changed the switch from 'auto' to 'on' for router mode!

Afterwards it would keep on asking me for username & password and would not accept my credentials until like a bunch of times...

seems like it does some configuring with the DSL box...after a bunch of reboots, it finally was working. But yes...the setup is clumsy

(to say the least).

-Glenn

tryitout

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:10:32 PM »
   I have been having the same issues with the router not getting an ip from my cable modem (Motorola SB6120).  After several reboot of router and modem and letting modem completely boot be plugging in modem, it has finally connected.  I have the switch set to on, but I don't know how long this will last.  Seems like it freezes and has to be reset  every now and then though.