Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH Router  (Read 13555 times)

Zimeon

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH Router
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 03:30:52 AM »

The router in itself is pretty nice to own, nearly made my home home server obsolete. There are a few complaints tho from my side:

- NAS doesn't support NTFS, altho I formatted my HDD as FAT32 there is still the file size limit, can't store my HD movies on the 1tb drive due to this restriction.

- The bit torrent client doesn't support SSL, this is a really good feature in BT and should be included in the next firmware update

- BT statistics not available, for example amount of peers/seeders, ratio, total up/down

Other than that, it's been working pretty well the past few days. If these things were to be fixed the router would completely make the server useless.

scajjr2

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 03:38:29 PM »

escapement wrote:

I've been using my WZR-HP-G300NH for a couple of months now with Comcast (on both my old SB5101 and my new SB6120) with no problems at all. Have you had Comcast push a firmware update to your cable modem? Make sure they are using the right one for your modem. When I got my 6120 the first rep I spoke to thought I said 5120 and couldn't figure out why it didn't work. Got her to bump me up to the next tech level and the 6120 was up and running in a few minutes.

I have an RCA dc315 cable modem.  I spoke to comcast and they said I was at the latest firmware rev.  Also, my modem works fine with both my asus and linksys modem using both stock firmware on both and dd-that-which-shall-not-be-named-on-this-forum on both.  Therefore I think it's a problem with my router.  Thanks for your input though.  It's very appreciated.

esc 

If you're using Vista this link may help regarding DHCP issues.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Sam

Zimeon

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 09:39:29 AM »

Some additional problems found with the bit-torrent client, addition to the ones mentioned in my previous post.

Even tho a 1TB hdd is formatted in FAT32 the bit-torrent client can't handle torrent's larger than 4gb in size, even tho the individual filesize would be less than 4gb. So say a torrent has 40x100mb files in it, the torrent client wouldn't be able to handle this.

If you try to add a torrent while the drive (NAS) is in sleep, it can't spin it up again to be able to write. Instead it gives an erro that the drive can't be accessed.

Does anyone know when a firmware update is scheduled? Or has buffalo ever mentioned somewhere what is going to be fixed in the upcoming (fingers crossed) firmware update?

zaphod777

• Tatanka
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 11:12:31 PM »

The HDD does support XFS this file system will allow file sizes of 8 exabytes which is pretty huge. I think this is why also you can't downloadtorrnts larger than 4 GB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFS

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 03:01:57 PM »

Escapement,

Cable modems have a tendancy to hang on to the MAC address of the device that it was attatched to.  Power cycling for long enough will solve the issue because it will force the modem to reassign DHCP to the devices connected to it.  If that doesn't work try cloning the mac address, as this should stabilize it.

To others:

Please see my post to escapement about the new firmware:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0102&message.id=2766&jump=true#M2766

Zimeon

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 03:43:59 PM »

Bumping up this thread in hope for any news on a firmware update to this router. Would also like to point out that the bit torrent client on this router doesn't know how to handle files with spaces in the filename giving the following error:

changed for format of the drive to XFS, atleast the client can now handle a torrent that includes a total filesize over 4gb (in example: 100x500Mb), there are still the problems mentioned before tho....

The name of the torrent file is:  Rangaistuspataljoona E02.torrent

failed to load torrent file '/mnt/usb0_0/.BUFFALO/bittorrent/_torrent/Rangaistuspataljoona' (No such file or directory).

zaphod777

• Tatanka
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 08:59:19 PM »
   Also I would like to be able to maunaully add trackers to a torrent. I am in Japan using a japanese version using the japanese firmware 1.62 revision 12. My router also has rondom lock ups where I need to reboot it a couple times a week.

ksec

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 11:51:54 PM »

How exactly do you read XFS on Windows / Mac system?

I think they should add exFAT once Linux has support for it.  ( I guess they use Linux as OS.... )

Since it is used as SHXC default File system. Therefore it will be the best option for widest support while having larger then 4GB file size.

Just wondering, are the Engineers waiting for Final Certification on 802.11N before releasing a Firmware update.

This Router is good. The only thing is that Buffalo tends to have very slow firmware update. 

zaphod777

• Tatanka
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 12:49:53 AM »
   doesn't look like it but you should be accesing it as a NAS not conected to your machine. If you had to you could always use a linux live cd to access the data on the disk.
Message Edited by zaphod777 on 09-16-2009 12:50 AM

worldwidebaka

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH_1.62_1.16_US-EU-AP
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 04:27:41 AM »

I found new firmware for US, EU and AP.

***URL removed - even though it says US - this firmware is not approved for US yet - it hasn't been through US testing. Do not post URLs advertising unapproved firmware on these forums. Customers could end up bricking their unit and voiding their warranty. We are working on approved US firmware update for this product.****

Buffalo Forum Admin

Message Edited by worldwidebaka on 09-16-2009 04:31 AM
Message Edited by drmemory on 09-16-2009 09:29 AM

aaur4man

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH_1.62_1.16_US-EU-AP
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 05:45:19 AM »
   seems alpha? and 1.61 not available for download either.

kouyoumin

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH_1.62_1.16_US-EU-AP
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 11:01:32 AM »

I tried the alpha firmware.

The good: There's a media server.

The bad: Connections come from WAN are always discarded. Port forwarding and DMZ don't work.

European

• Tatanka
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 11:04:08 PM »

zaphod777 wrote:
Also I would like to be able to maunaully add trackers to a torrent. I am in Japan using a japanese version using the japanese firmware 1.62 revision 12. My router also has rondom lock ups where I need to reboot it a couple times a week.

Where did this firmware comes from because the Buffalo Japan site only lists the 1.60 firmware? http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/lan/wzr-hp-g300nh_fw-win.html

ksec

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »

OH god... i am actually running WZR-HP-G300NH Ver.1.61 on my new router. ( Brought it two days ago )

WZR-HP-G300NH Ver.1.61 (R1.08/B1.03) 

But, I am still having so many problems.

zaphod777

• Tatanka
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 10:26:57 AM »
   I found a link somewhere I don't have it handy at the moment but a little bit of googling you can find it.

European wrote:

zaphod777 wrote:

Where did this firmware comes from because the Buffalo Japan site only lists the 1.60 firmware? http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/lan/wzr-hp-g300nh_fw-win.html