Author Topic: Air Station Download needed  (Read 4286 times)

catbrown

• Calf
Air Station Download needed
« on: May 02, 2009, 08:37:12 AM »
   I have an Air Station model WLI-CB-G54S for MAC. I am on MAC with OS10.4.11. My niece gave me the computer and wireless card, the computer failed , complete reinstall and now cannot use Air station and cannot find a download for the software. I have another older Mac with an internal wireless card works fine connecting to the cable modem (ARRIS WTM552G/NA 4). How do I make the card work? thank you in anticipation

Jason

• El Toro
Re: Air Station Download needed
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 09:55:50 AM »
The downloads for that product are on our downloads page. You'd want to select the second box and pick WLI-CB-G54S, it's in that pull down menu. Looking at the adapter however I only see Windows downloads, MAC OS is not supported for this adapter, so I'm not really certain how you got it to work before. It's possible that the maker of that chipset inside the adapter provides MAC drivers directly, we however do not.
Message Edited by Jason on 05-02-2009 10:42 AM

catbrown

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 02:24:59 PM »

Thanks Jason - I looked everywhere on your site for a download so did my tech and could not find under the wireless section anything that said Air Station turbo G - can you direct me?

NOt sure what you mean by chipset but this card has Buffalo INc printed on it with a serial number and a sticker at the bottom that says made in Taiwan then MAC00160123F2E8 - does that help?

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 03:27:40 PM »

You don't want to look under products.

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/

Then select WLI-CB-G54S from the lower pull down menu. 

But like I said, Windows is the only supported operating environment for this adpater. 

catbrown

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 09:02:20 PM »
   But is has the sticker with the MAC prefix? I don't get it...I even checked Europe and Australia to see if it existed elsewhere. Ok just say I now have to get another card what will be best for me? thanks