Author Topic: Air Station Wireles and Iphone Password issue  (Read 5332 times)

Gore

• Calf
Air Station Wireles and Iphone Password issue
« on: May 01, 2009, 07:42:19 AM »

Dear Sir,

I badly need some help. I'm in Japan. I got a Buffalo Air Station and anytime I try to connect from my iPhone 3G, the phone is asking for a password. Instructions on the box is all in Japanese, so it can't help me. I can see the network as "29BE31D971FB227C..." but I don't have the default password. There is no way to leave the password field blank since the 'enter' button remains grey as long as the password is not entered.

Thanks so much for your help.

Gore

viouviouk

• Calf
Re: Air Station Wireles and Password issue
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:28:19 AM »

Dear Sir,

I got kind of the same problem.

I recently bought an Airstation WHR-G/U in Japan.

The software provided can not be installed on my computer (English OS). It worked ok until i pushed the AOSS button to connect the wii. 

I now need a WEP key which i cannot find on the airstation equipment or elsewhere.

Could you please explain how to desactivate the AOSS mode and where i can download the soft compatible to admin the connections?

Thanks in advance.

viouviouk 

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 10:43:33 PM »

Unplug the power from the back of the device and hold down the reset button or (init) button and plug the power in but continue to hold button down for about 30 sec or so.  That should do it.  If you want to get into the units interface, open up a web browser and type in the address bar 192.168.11.1 and hit enter.  Set it for DHCP if you have cable and PPPOE if you have DSL.

Freethinkinpunk

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 04:57:37 AM »

I live in Japan, and am trying to hook up an iphone as well, and am having issues with the password. I never gave it any password, and I guess resetting it goes to some default password, and all I want to do is find out what that is? Im not very knowledgable in reguards to wireless internet and I cant read the Japanese. What can I do? Should I just uninstall it and start over with a new password? I tried to follow the advice i have read so far, but have no idea what Im doing.