Author Topic: FORGOT PASSWORD  (Read 6495 times)

wendeez

• Calf
FORGOT PASSWORD
« on: April 06, 2009, 10:39:09 PM »

I havent had to login to my router for a long time and nowI cant remember the password.  I need to know what to do if resetting it underneath with a pin doesnt work.   We are frustrated

wireless WHR  HP  G54

Aveyer

• Big Bull
Re: FORGOT PASSWORD
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 10:51:24 PM »

I assume this is to log into the Interface to change settings, if you didn't set a password it will be still using the default login.

Username: root   and there is no password.

wendeez

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 12:13:58 PM »

That is the problem we assigned a password and this had to be done because we have a teenson who is difiant and doing bad things and we had to get more controll of our networked computers. 

Yesturday we had him watch his siblings while we ran an arrend and gone for 2 hours and when we came back the kids told us he had tried to hook a computer that was not apart of our network and I think that is why we are having a server problem. At first we couldnt boot up normally but i turned router off and on and that was fixed.

So I need to know how to reset it.  I thought it would ask a security question or something and we could reset it will a easier one.

I HAVE A FEELING YOU ARE GOING TO SAY THAT I AM OUT OF LUCK AND NOTHING CAN BE DONE.    WHICH I KNOW I AM NOT THE FIRST TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM SO I HOPING THAT BUFFALO HAS A FIX FOR THIS

Thank you,

Wendi

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 01:15:58 PM »
   I don't have that specific router but holding in the reset button (probably underneath router) for 3 seconds or or more should do a reset to factory defaults.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 01:21:23 PM »

Wendi,

Unplug the power and hold the resetbutton as your holding the reset button down plug the unit back in andcountinue to hold the reset for about 30 sec the red light on the frontof the unit will do a series of flashes then pause then flash againafter the second time release the reset button.   Let it sit for abouta min and then try  192.168.11.1 and make surethat the switch on the back is on auto not bridge. Thats the reset procedure also when you set it up you can also set serurity on the network so nobody else can access it.  If your still having any problems give us a call our Support is open 24/7, and you can speak to a tech personally

Josh

wendeez

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 03:08:07 AM »

My husband was hoping there was another way because he has reset it along time ago when our dsl went down,  he got so frustrated because it was not easy to do. 

We have 3 computers 2 in house and one in the shop and they are networked together with 2 printers and a fax so the problem is something about bridging and dsl and well i am not sure what else

But if this is the only thing we can do and there is no online fix or backdoor or someother was then so be it we shall follow your steps.

tytyty   you have all helpped and i appriciate the respones

wendeez

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 11:41:39 AM »

Wendi,

sorry for your troubles but no there is no backdoor or anything else you can do other than reconfig it after a hard reset.