Author Topic: WHR-G300N WAN DHCP faild  (Read 9843 times)

elmoo

• Calf
Re: WHR-G300N WAN DHCP faild
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 12:51:36 AM »

Hello,

What dd-wrt softare are you using?

can you please post the the direct link to the download?

As I have WHR-G300Nv2EU on www.dd-wrt.com site it is listed as not supported. is it true?

The main difference between WHR-G300Nv1 and WHR-G300Nv2 is the chipset. v1 uses RaLink and v2 uses Atheros7240.

Which chipset is in your router?

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 03:12:22 AM »

DD-WRT is not supported as of right now and it will VOID your warranty/support if you flash it on your unit.  You will need to go to the DD-WRT forums.

elmoo

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 11:11:55 AM »

So what is suggested if original buffalo firmware always quering the IP address and doesn't get IP from ISP dhcp server? 

PC with the same MAC address with pluged Internet cable gets IP immediately. 

beprotis

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 06:11:33 AM »

The same problem here.

It looks router stores address of DHCP server of former ISP, so you can not connect to DHCP server of the new one.  I reinitialized it several times and tried with three different ISP - it works only with the first one, so it is problem with firmware.

I have contacted ISP help desk. They said, the physical connection was ok, but they did not get my routers mac adress!

VeijoEsso

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 08:39:22 AM »

Hello,

We have a 100/5 cable modem connection and we are having the same problems - deffinately a firmware bug!

Hello buffalo are you fixing this? Download page does not show a firmware update.

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 08:58:39 AM »

Are your routers in Auto mode?  On the router there is a switch labeled "Auto/Off/On."  In the auto position, the router will try to auto detect your ISP.

If the router switch is in the "On" position, it could still be stuck in "Auto-detect" and you can follow these steps to correct it:

If the device is stuck in autodetect mode, even when the switch is on, or it doesn't accept the default username and password after a reset, try these steps, they worked for me.

• Unplug the power. Set the switch to the Auto position.
  • Power on the router, let it boot up. Reset it.
  • Once the reset is complete, unplug the power again. Set the switch to the On position.
  • Power on the router again. It should be back to normal.

dhgaut

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 05:02:15 PM »

I posted elsewhere but it is worth repeating:  I purchased 9 WHR-G300N's from Provantage and 3 from Tech Data.  They are listed as model WHR-G300N-US on the box but when you click on diagnostic you can see them self-identified as WHR-G301N v.1.70 firmware.  The boxes work okay with Clear but they do not like the Comcast boxes.  I can get them to work for maybe an hour but as soon as I tapdance away, the boxes revert to "cannot obtain an IP address from DHCP".  I've tried to dongrade the boxes to v.1.65 but it rejects the firmware as invalid for the model.  The lost time and money on this is fast approaching $1,000 as I have to swap out the boxes with a different brand.  I called Buffalo for support but it was a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.  They have no knowledge of v.1.70 and think twiddling with the interface will fix it.  IT DOES NOT. It isn't simply an issue of setting the interface to DHCP only, or of changing the MAC address.  It may be they don't work with Motorola modems (Comcast uses many different models of Motorola).  As soon as DD-WRT has a working version for this model I will flash one and test it.  But I am going to take this as a big red flag to halt purchases of all Buffalo products.  They were once excellent but I believe this problem indicates a systemic failure within the company.