Author Topic: WHR-G300N wlan connection breaking problem  (Read 11173 times)

christo

• Calf
Re: WHR-G300N wlan connection breaking problem
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 10:05:09 PM »

I'm pretty certain this problem is not related to NAT.

Problems still occurring....very frustrating.....a couple more days of patience and then back it goes...

-Christo

juise

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 10:01:01 AM »

I was having serious connectivity problems with my G300N (1.64 firmware) and a Nokia N900. Large file transfers would almost always freeze at some point. This problem disappeared when I turned 40Mhz mode off.

But now I have another problem: if the connection is idle for a while (~5min), the router drops the connection. I get the following message in the router log:

ra0: had been aged-out and disassociated : ec:9b:5b:xx:yy:zz

(ec:9b:5b:xx:yy:zz being my device MAC address)

For me, it is not a NAT problem, as I'm using the the router in bridge mode.

As a temporary resolution, I've shortened the DHCP lease time in my LAN so that the N900 has to renew it's IP lease every 4 minutes. That seems to work so far.

sorc

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 04:48:40 AM »
   Seems to be a common problem with Buffalo products. Here with WZR-AGL300HN (1.53) there are drop outs when copying large files via WLAN and it's not related to the key renewal. I had to disable key renewal because other hardware didn't reconnect to the WLAN after the key renewal (no such problems ever experienced with netgear, d-link, avm and linksys routers).

christo

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 12:27:14 PM »

This problem happens at 20 or 40 Mhz and on any manually selected channel.

Basically this product doesn't work.  The problem is not spurious.  It happens every time there is sustained wireless traffic: downloads, backups, media streaming. Can't believe a company can sell a wireless router that stops wireless routing when it actually gets used.

I posted my first problem 3 weeks ago.  No help.  Ordering a linksys now, will return the buffalo to amazon and post my product review there.  I gave it a fair shot, I think.

-Christo

duronrulez

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 02:50:38 AM »

So, what's  the verdict? Any chance of a fix? I'm having the same problems since day 1!

And to be honest i am getting a little tired of it!

Tell us if its a hardware problem, so we dont wait for a fix ... or tell us SOMETHING, atleast make it official!

I was thinking its the firmware, but it seems its a harware problem .... so, any fresh comments will be nice, thank you

mtk

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 02:40:46 PM »

Please... at least someone from Buffalo could confirm the problem and state if it is a hardware or software problem? Is there any new firmware on the way? Or I should simple consider to buy a new router from linksys or dlink?

cmichael

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 10:01:48 PM »

juise, I got exactly the same problem. 

And plus, the wifi module of this router freezes when downloading bittorrent.

I am now regretful to have bought buffalo router.