Author Topic: WZR-AGL300NH Bridging (WDS?)  (Read 11588 times)

TonyCheung

• Calf
Re: WZR-AGL300NH Bridging (WDS?)
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 12:00:30 AM »

As you can see, "Wireless bridging" is a very confusing term. 

So, you agree that bridge is such a confusing term. You still think it's reasonable to advertise it on the box as a feature? I don't think so...

Even the store keeper told me, by using this, the network can be wireless-bridged, and this morning he's happy that I figured this out for him. He simply refund the money to me.

I don't think arguing the definition is meaningful/helpful to anybody. Complaints similar to us is everywhere on this forum, lets check it out before buying any Buffalo products.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 01:57:54 PM »

Tony, you missed the point.  That is why we do not use the term "wireless bridging".  It is truely called "WDS".  We advertise it as a bridge because it can be used as a bridge.  It just can't bridge wirelessly.

For example, I have my house wired with ethernet cable.  I have AT&T uverse so I have to use their modem, which is also a wireless router.  Their wireless router doesn't have great wireless signal so I bridged my WHR-HP-G54 upstairs (put it into bridge mode and connected through the LAN ports).  Now I get wireless internet upstair where I didn't get wireless previously.

In this senario, I need my router to have the "bridge" function, but I do not need to have a "WDS" function.  See the difference?  I suggest you find a router that supports "WDS" or "Wireless Bridging", not just "bridging".

I hope this clears things up a little bit.  We can send up a feature request (or advertising request) but no matter how many people argue, the definitions do not change.

Message Edited by PCPiranha on 09-07-2009 02:24 PM

Helder

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »

Hi all

Bought my buffalo WZR-AGL300NH a few hours ago, tomorrow will return it...
Its not going to make 24 hours in my hands, what a waste of time.
It says clearly in box, access point and bridge. I was messing whit it for one hour trying to find the bridge (how could I find it!!! hit doesn't exists lol), then I asked Google (he knows everything) and found this wonderful topic.
Buffalo never more.

tcmujeeb

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 12:22:43 AM »

WZR-G-300 N, This is one of old model from buffalo N technology  ...it was perfect in bridge mode..but unfortunatly they discontinued this product ..

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 05:47:30 AM »

Helder wrote:

Hi all

Bought my buffalo WZR-AGL300NH a few hours ago, tomorrow will return it...
Its not going to make 24 hours in my hands, what a waste of time.
It says clearly in box, access point and bridge. I was messing whit it for one hour trying to find the bridge (how could I find it!!! hit doesn't exists lol), then I asked Google (he knows everything) and found this wonderful topic.
Buffalo never more.

the unit you have is an access point and bridge and works well with this setup, no where does it mention anything about being a wireless bridge.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!