Author Topic: WHR-HP-G54: Cannot use wireless feature  (Read 1854 times)

NonSleeper

• Calf
WHR-HP-G54: Cannot use wireless feature
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:36:51 PM »

After an hour or so setting up the WHR-HP-54 modem, it turns out that I can't configure to use wireless feature. However, connection as a conventional access point is fine, i.e. move the bottom switch from AUTO to BRI and use cables to connect laptop with the router's ports. Actually this is what I'm doing to post this thread.

When in wireless mode, the laptop still can detect the router with strong signal and connect to it, but there is no internet connection. The connection icon has something like a yellow exclamation mark!

I'm quite confused and don't know how to work it out, please help. I don't think problem comes from the antenna because if that, the laptop would not be able to detect signal. As well, the G-connection protocol of this modem fits with my laptop's adapter (it's compatible with AGN).

Brian357

• Calf
Re: WHR-HP-G54: Cannot use wireless feature
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »

When configuring your wireless did you setup any type of encryption? If so what type of encryption was it and did you try reseting the password with a new one then connecting to the network to test that as a possible cause?