Author Topic: Airstation Wireless G Ethernet Converter DOES NOT respond  (Read 8820 times)

LEBATO

• Calf
Airstation Wireless G Ethernet Converter DOES NOT respond
« on: March 11, 2009, 04:40:06 PM »

Hello Buffalo techs,

I'm having problems with your Airstation Wireless G Ethernet Converter.

Model:  WLI-TX4-G54HP

I know all the necessary setup to get to the web browser interface of the product.  The problem is I can't get to it most of the time.  I can ping 1.1.1.1 (the default addresss), but I can't get to it through the browser.

When I do get to it, and try to set it up for DHCP (so it gets an IP), if it doesn't get an address, it goes back to 1.1.1.1, and while I can ping it, I can not get to the configuration page through the browser?

So it is very incosistent.  Is this a known issue?  What can I do?  Is there a firmware update available somewhere?  How else can I configure the device, and where is this software (I didn't get it).  By the way, I have two of these devices and both behave the same.

Thanks for your time

slpip

• Tatanka
Re: Airstation Wireless G Ethernet Converter DOES NOT respond
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:09:40 PM »
   It seems like your airstation has the same IP address with the other router.  The IP address of 1.1.1.1 is strange.  Normal IP address should be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.10.1 or 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.0.1 with the range of the main network DHCP IP address range but different from the main network router/modem.

LEBATO

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 09:55:32 AM »

Well no, thanks for trying to help but no.

By default, these devices come with an IP address 1.1.1.1, and there's nothing strange about that IP.  There is also no other devices involved in my problem really, I'm simply trying to get to the web config through a hardwire connected to one of the ports on the back.  

In short it comes down to this, why can I ping it but not access the web configuration?  Any help would be appreciated.

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
   If you can't access with the web page, you can download and install the Ethernet Converter Manager.  Use the Ethernet Converter Manager to configure your ethernet converter according to the owner's manual.

LEBATO

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 06:05:57 PM »

Yeah, I'm actually trying that right now.  It does sort of help, but I need to work with it a bit more to decide if the web config is totally broken or what.  Will update :D

jopac

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 08:40:55 PM »
   I need to download the Ethernet Converter Manager for wli-tx4-g54hp. How can I get this download? Thanks.

ChuckE

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 01:58:28 AM »

While it is true that there is a default address 1.1.1.1 for the Enet Converter, and you can ping it, your browser can not connect to it unless your computer in on the same node. The documentation even says that.

(Why Buffalo does not call this "Enet Converter" a Wireless Bridge-Switch is beyond me.)

So just temporarily set your computer's address to 1.1.1.2 (the documentation recommends that too) and then try to browser connect to the address 1.1.1.1

The default logon name is "root" with no password.

(I do not bother changing these defaults because it is very unlikely someone is going to be inside my net to see or even change anything of this "Enet Converter."

It works for me. In fact I just did it minutes ago, when I was changing my home network around.

LEBATO

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 09:29:22 PM »

@ChuckE

Well I did say I was able to ping it, so I'm obviously on the same subnet.  Thanks for trying to help though.  Anyways this issue is old.  The fact is these devices lack quality, I don't know how else to put it.  The only somewhat reasonable to get to it is by using the manager thing, and that still a nightmare.  

JLillia

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 12:09:04 AM »

Hi.

I bought this WLI-TX4-G54HP converter too and I'm having a problem connecting to WLAN. The device finds my SSID nicely and tells me it is strong. Then I try to log in (WEP encryption with shared key)but it just won't connect.

I've tried to change IPs and even tried to put everything on DHCP. Just won't do.I have tried both, the utility and webUI but the result is the same.

Should I put the key in ASCII or in HEX in the utility? And why does it say in webUI that character count is invalid, when I try to put the key in hex. It says only 13 characters, but then when I put the 13 characters of ASCII, it says to mee that I can use only HEX.

Even from Advanced tab, where I can choose whether I use HAX or ASCII, the device won't connect.

And then, for just to be sure, how do I put the HEX-characters? I mean if it is necessary.

For example if my key is "uksoutiieppon" do I write it like "%75%6b%73%6f%75%74%69%69%65%70%70%6f%6e" or "75 6b 73 6f 75 74 69 69 65 70 70 6f 6e" or what?

kc7jfv

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 01:40:39 AM »

FWIW, Buffalo's WLAH-G54 also defaults to 1.1.1.1 IP when reset.

Almost all other Buffalo products default to 192.168.11.XX range in my experience.

Sorry this probably didn't help answer your OP problem.