Author Topic: WZR2-G300N Local Only?  (Read 3651 times)

jkaszer

• Calf
WZR2-G300N Local Only?
« on: March 07, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »

I live in San Diego and have Cox internet. My WZR2 is connected directly to the modem.  Two weeks ago the wireless signal would drop intermittently.  Then we moved 5 miles north.  Still have cox internet with the same router.  Now, router is only able to stay in "Local Only" mode.  I can get on the internet if I plug my laptop directly into the router.  Why can't the WZR2 "find" the internet? (i already logged into the router and tried to "reset" or "renew" or "release" any possible configuration settings)  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  My computer tech knowlege is low/mid.  thanks,

-jamie

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: WZR2-G300N Local Only?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 11:52:13 PM »
Well if you having that many probelms then I would suggest setting the router back to factory defaults and just reconfiguring the router.  Hold the reset down while the unit is unplugged then plug it in as your still hold it down countinue to hold it down for a about 30 sec in release the reset button.  It will go through a light cycle let it power up for about a min or so then try the 192.168.11.1 (ROOT is the username) (there is no password)  and set it back up for what ever you have cable/dsl.  DHCP for cable, PPPOE for dsl then try that and dont be too close to the router if your too close it will bring the signal down for some reason and messing with the channeling. if you still have problems give us a call.

slpip

• Tatanka
Re: WZR2-G300N Local Only?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 07:46:02 PM »
   It appears the wireless setting was disabled and the router name display setting was disabled too.  Make sure there is no 24MHz wireless devices such as cordless phone close by the router.