Author Topic: Direct access to Terastation Pro II  (Read 3244 times)

yamu

• Calf
Direct access to Terastation Pro II
« on: February 16, 2009, 03:32:34 AM »

Hi,

On my MAC I tryed EMC Retrospect to make a backup to my Terastation Pro II (Model TS-HTGL/R5 F/W 1.33). I had some troubles, but it wrote data to the terastation (70 GB) and this data can't be deleted now by me because of insufficient rights. Is it possible to open a command line on terastation and delete this directory direct on the terastation? There are no access rights to the terastation, I always connect as guest. I tried also to connect as admin to the share on the terastation, but it also doesn't let me delete the files. What does I have to do to delete such files on terastation?

Thanks for help.

Hans 

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: Direct access to Terastation Pro II
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 05:19:30 PM »
Unfortunately we cannot support command-line access on the device. My best suggestion to you would be to mount the RAID array on a Linux machine, then manually delete the files. You could also delete the shared folder itself from the web interface.

yamu

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 05:08:07 AM »

Thanks for your reply. In the meantime I found a solution: I did a right-klick in the folder within windows explorer and choose "properties". There was a filled square in "Write-Protection". I clicked twice so the square was unchecked an choose "yes" to do the same on all subfolders.

Then I could delete all files. It seems there were write-protected hidden files.

Hans 

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »
That's REALLY strange... thanks for posting your solution, so we'll have an idea what to do if this comes up again.