Author Topic: LS-W2.0TGL/R1 Nas Navigator2 Confirm Drive Status Issues  (Read 4678 times)

BuffaloLover123

• Calf
LS-W2.0TGL/R1 Nas Navigator2 Confirm Drive Status Issues
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »

Hello all,

I have a LS-W2.0TGL/R1 that has been working for years now on my home network. I recently moved and set my network back up exactly as it was in the past. I am having a strange issue where a computer I used to access the network drive from is no longer allowing me to connect via NASNAVIGATOR2 software it detects the drive with the proper IP but when I click the network it says can not open the shared folder confirm drive status. What is puzzling is I can still access this drive from this same computer via the web manegement console. I have tried uninstalling and re installing the NASNAVIGATOR software with no luck.. any suggestions?

PS I can access the drive with no problem from a MAC computer on the same router in the house..

Model Name
LS-WTGL/R1-V3

Firmware Version
Operating System
Windows XP Pro

BuffaloLover123

• Calf
Re: LS-W2.0TGL/R1 Nas Navigator2 Confirm Drive Status Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »

ANYBODY!?!?!

jamesnb

• Tatanka
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »

You may want to "refresh" the services from which NasNavigator depends on to run.

These services can be found in Task Manager.

Also, double check that you have the "start-up" process run at the start of Windows.

BuffaloLover123

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 02:48:09 PM »

Can you elaborate on what services need to be running and what needs to load on startup

jamesnb

• Tatanka
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 10:00:33 PM »

Based on what I have on my PC:

1/ Start-up: Nasnavi.exe (this is NasNavigator) and Nassche.exe (this is for automated tasks)

2/ Services: nassvc.exe (power management service)

3/ Check your firewall config and make sure all traffic from/to your NAS are added to "allow" list

I would suggest to completely remove your current NASNavi program, then clean all the registry by using CCleaner (google it). Once it is done, restart your PC and install a fresh (and latest) version of NASNavi.

Hope it helps

BuffaloLover123

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »

I did everything you said and still no help this really is unfortunate because I need to access my files!! any other suggestions I have seen other people also getting the "confirm drive status" error messages as well so I know I am not the only one having this problem yet there seems to be no clear fix.. please help!!!