Author Topic: WHR-G300N Router Firmware Download?  (Read 18830 times)

SnowSurf

• Calf
WHR-G300N Router Firmware Download?
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:29:43 PM »

Hi,

I recently purchased this router, but see that there are no firmware upgrades available online and also no way to download the current firmware.

Why would this be? Every other manufacturer posts the latest firmware on their website.

If this router no longer being supported? Why can't I download the latest firmware for theBUFFALO WHR-G300N?

I will not hesitate to return this router if this is not explained to me.

Also, I saw a post that this is not available in the U.S. However, I recently purchased this from an online U.S. vendor and live in Washington state.

Thanks,

Snowsurf

Message Edited by SnowSurf on 02-26-2009 07:31 PM

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: WHR-G300N Router Firmware Download?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 09:12:49 AM »
   Its not that its no longer supported, its just that the unit is offically being sold in the U.S right now. Once it is you'll see a downloads page for the unit with the firmware. Often times retailers will sell units before they are supposed to because they get the units early.

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 09:29:41 AM »

One feedback at the Newegg.com states that the router can use dd-wrt firmware.  I have tried to upload the dd-wrt 24SPI but no luck yet.  I will try it again.  Hopefully it works with dd-wrt or Tomato.  The original firmare really poor design to bring this router down below the108G performance, to make this router crappy low N router within the N router category.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 09:53:43 AM »
   Well once its offically being sold in the U.S youll be seeing a firmware update to fix that problem soon after. With dd-wrt on the unit though it does void your warrenty.

SnowSurf

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 10:06:17 AM »

I hope this thread doesn't get closed because of the mention of 3rd party firmware.

So, I bought a router that is not officially released in the US? I did buy it from New Egg.

Is there an official date when the firmware will be available?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:50:18 AM »
   It wont get closed. And yes, these units are not currently released yet. Buffalo released them in other countrys but are now just going to release them in the U.S. I havn't heard anything about the release date.  You might want to contact sales and see if they have any idea.

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 11:37:22 AM »

Buffalo will have a join venture with dd-wrt to produce dd=wrt Buffalo routers in US market soon.  So the dd-wrt firmware should not void the US warranty.  Zyxel x550 had its firmware renewed every month or every other month before.  If Buffalo wants to complete with other brands in US, Buffalo should has the new firmware soon.  It is so easy for the manufacture to improve their old firmware to correct the problems.  The consumer has to let the Buffalo know what do we want them to fix. 

I got my Buffalow WHR-G300N from Newegg this week.  I don't satifly the performance with this router compared with my Buffalo WHR-G54 (Tomato), WHR-HP-G54 (Tomato), and Buffalo N-infinite routers.  This one really has very poor performance and poor reboot time.  It doesn't even has the count down timer to show the rebooting time.  The router speed is so poor even slower than my other Netgear RangeMax. Dlink DIR-635, and Zyxel X550.  If Buffalo don't have any new firmware to improve the performance of this low end Pre-N router, they will loss the market in this bad recession time.  Bye bye Buffalo.

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 12:59:13 PM »

Those DD-WRT preloaded routers are not available in the US. They will void your warranty if you load them. But yes, we should see a download page for that model on our website soon.

Let's keep it on topic please. 

barracuda

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »
   Thanx for this info,but this has been going on for too long!

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 03:08:24 PM »
   People, please contact Buffalotech support to let them know what is wrong with the original firmware so that they can fix it with a new firmware.  I already contacted Buffalotech and waiting for their response.

barracuda

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 03:53:12 PM »
   Welcome to the club,I think it's just the same posted here at this forum or contact the Buffalotech support.We started to post problems here about this router,but looks like that post about problems is not welcome here,so the admin is deleted some post and now looks that the problems is gone,but it's not and almost all we have just the same problems,but looks like that Buffalotech can't fix it.

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 04:51:24 PM »
   I wish dd-wrt or Tomato will come out with a new firmware before Buffalo.  At least Buffalo should has the latest version firmware posted.

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 04:20:24 PM »

"We are still waiting on a user-flashable version of this firmware from the
head office in Japan. We will post it as soon as we have it.

Thank you,

Scott
Buffalo Technical Support"

Message Edited by drmemory on 03-20-2009 10:56 AM

glazer

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 07:44:43 AM »
   any update ? re:firmware ?

Darkwing

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 09:14:21 AM »

All I can say is that I am in a country where this router is officially launched for a while now, but no firmware updates....lol we don't even have a forum. :-)

My router is collecting dust now and I must say it's doing a great job!