Author Topic: WHR-HP-G54, Network was working fine until I tried to add a Nintendo DS using the AOSS button  (Read 3691 times)

Steveoh

• Calf

I have 2 laptops using their built-in wireless adapters along with a Buffalo WLI-TX4-G54HP Ethernet on a desk top.  I tryed to add my sons Nintendo DS to the system today by pressing and holding down the AOSS button on the router and having it connect with the DS.  Now I can't get the laptops to connect because it seems to have changed the SSID number so the previous key or password no longer works. 

I went into the router program and switched off the AOSS, so now the computer on the ethernet (which has AOSS) can't connect.  When I turned off the AOSS, a new SSID seems to have been established, so now the laptops can connect (with no security at this point). 

Is there an easy way to reset things to the way they were before I hit the AOSS button?  Take it slow, my computer skills are just average.

james557

• Calf
   Well as far as resetting the device you would have to use the "init" button located on the botton of the router next to the AUTO/BRI switch. That will reset all settings to default. From there you can reconfigure the router settings the way they were before you had used the AOSS. Unfortunately there is no way to reset back to a certain point, only default. Since you can access the web configurarion page I would recommend going into there and under wireless config/basic, you can set up the SSID to normal. Then go into security underneath basic to establish the encryption(password). To use AOSS all devices need to be AOSS compatible. In your situation it seems as a few of your computers are not. It would be best not to use AOSS even on the DS and just connect manually with all the devices to avoid further conflict.