Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH--Availability & Compatibility  (Read 64355 times)

FrankJN

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH--Availability & Compatibility
« on: February 18, 2009, 05:30:01 PM »
   Where can one buy this router in the US?  It looks like it is advanced.  Also, will it be compatible with a Nintendo Wii and Ipod touch?

ejhines

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH--Availability & Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 07:03:12 AM »

I have been watching the buffalotech "buy it from buffalo" area, assuming that the first sales will appear there, hope i am not wrong? Where are you all watching for the first sales? I currently am using the WZR-AG300NH, (a fine router, but firmware 1.48 not updated for the US).

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 07:21:25 PM »
That model is not available in the US... only WZR-AG300NH was ever available in the US. It is comparable except that the HP model has a higher power transmitter.

kampodraken

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 09:37:20 AM »

Colin137,

Could you explain something to me regarding your answer?  Why in the world would you advertise a product, WZR-HP-G300H, and shop it around to the media in the US if you do not plan on releasing it here?  I do not care if this is a High Powered product or not.  The reason I want this router versus the enter level model that you sell right now is the ability to hook up a USB hard drive, the Gigabit switch, and better protection.  The WZR-AG300H does not have the USB for the Hard Drive and was nearly $300 and Dual band (not needed)! I clearly want to speed the extra $20 over the basic N router that you currently selling for this features.  I had my last N Buffalo router stolen because of stupid contractors and need to replace my crappy FIOS router.  I would like to purchase your product, but I need some type of time frame.  If Buffalo is not planning on selling this router in the US because of the FCC, they should rip out or turn off the high power feature. If that is not an option, Buffalo should remove the product from their website for the US.

ejhines

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »

odd, when i talked to sales, they said  I should start seeing this product in the USA for sales, around the 1st of March.

1. This is the only product that has Draft-N Wireless

2. This gives you extra distance for wireless computers

3. of course it has the usb

I think like sales said, it will be shipping soon.

Thanks, Estel Hines

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 08:08:08 PM »
My apologies. We were just given a training session that introduced the upcoming product lines, and the WZR-HP-G300NH is among those that will be release around March.

anasazi

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:19:11 AM »

Does anyone have the FCC ID for the new WZR-HP-G300NH.

I looked on the FCC site and couldn't find the ID.

tenaciousrich

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 10:35:28 AM »

Count me as another anticipated customer of WZR-HP-G300NH.  Please let us know where and when the product can be purchased.

blueshockey24

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »
   Me too.  I'm ready to buy one of these but can't seem to find them anywhere.  I though they would be available in the US on the 1st of March?  Is that not correct?  Anyone find a way to order?

Shadow26

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 06:55:08 PM »

I just had my router die this week, and this router is a perfect replacement my needs. I'm ready to buy one of these.

I did notice the WZR-HP-G300NH passed Wi-Fi certification on Feb. 9th, just don't see it being listed for sale anywhere yet.

DuckDogerz

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 10:35:48 AM »

Colin would you be so kind and helpfull to a big fan of Buffalo and post some kind of bone about the WZR-HP-G300NH.

Is it a conspiracy by the networking companies and IEEE to not disrupt the current state of sub-par equipment that is overpriced and being pimped by Buffalo's COMPeTITION.    I wont point fingers at the wealth  of companies who still think g products and Fe are the only things worth a franklin. yea right.

But please some kind of clue like are these routers sitting on a cart on the side of the road in bangledesh and the poor guy cant figure out why their not his popular item.  Cause ill fly there or find the guy on craigslist but come on , I can not find this product for sale anywhere that all these press releases I see speak of.

And i am not interested in the model lite version that is for sale .   

No No,  where is the  WZR-HP-G300NH

where is the  WZR-HP-G300NH

where is the  WZR-HP-G300NH                     Please man, I hope that Buffalo is on track with this product and there is not some bug or something.  It is a spec wise an awsome product and fair price wise.  Im sure some one that doesnt know what their talking about will spout "it isnt dual band"   yea  well learn how to survey then you might use that.

Thank You,

Signed

A Ritalin,Lithium,Adderall,Psilocybin,Mescalin induced ranting while listening to Sean Hannity blasting on the Stereo in my house.kinda person.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 06:45:56 PM »
As of right now I unfortunately have no information on a release date or window for this product. I will try to find out more information.

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 07:34:33 PM »
   I think Buffalo just sent out the WHR-G300N ($79) to test the market and try to find bugs for this router before they push out this new high power WZR-HP-G300NH ($99) router, or Buffalo still has legal issues until the legal issue resolved.  Wait until Buffalo found out the problems of WHR-G300N, Buffalo will patch the problems with this new WZR_HP-G300NH.  I predict Buffalo will push this router out within a month or two instead of fix the WHR-G300N problems.  Just like DLink DIR-655 replaced the problem DLink DIR-635 instead of fix the DIR-635 problems.  Just wish Buffalo do better than just make the WHR-G300N disappear and replace it with WZR-HP-G300NH.  Anyway, Buffalo already made the N-finite ($79) disappeared and WHR-HP-G54 ($79) disappeared, and replaced with WHR-G300N.

shmty25

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 08:58:40 AM »
   Come on Colin. How is it that no one over there at Buffalo has a release date for these new products? I would think the ability to sell wireless products in the US again would be a least a small topic of conversation (definite sarcasm intended :). Not even an estimate on time frame? Do you guys know and cannot say? What's the deal? Throw us a bone. Otherwise, those of us that have waited patiently for some time may be forced to consider other options or products.

DuckDogerz

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 10:36:51 AM »

Colin , Thanks for responding and tryin your best, I can accept that some things hot items like this just take time to get rolled out.

I definitely will be checking back here hopefully on first word on this product.