Author Topic: Problems Adding torrents  (Read 3511 times)

mangkuk69

• Calf
Problems Adding torrents
« on: October 09, 2009, 07:29:12 AM »

i am have been having problems adding torrents. i always get a message that says '

ERROR: Add a torrent file
description: The torrent file already exists
  and this error too

failed to load torrent file '/mnt/usb0_0/.BUFFALO/bittorrent/_torrent/**********' (No such file or directory)

(file name in asterisks for discretion)

but the torrent does not appear in download manager

Is it because of the torrent file? or the torrent type? there is only one type of torrent file type that exist. what other types are there?

i am using the ACER easy store p110 500GB formatted to fat32.

pierbuff

• Calf
Re: Problems Adding torrents
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 09:58:18 AM »

HI mangkuk69 ,

please note that the best File System to use while using the WZR-HP-G300NH is XFS. You can format the HDD to this FileSystem using the router's web-gui. Fat32 has a lot of limitation, firs of all you can't create files bigger than 4GB. ext3 will be better if you want to mantain compatibility with Windows (use xt2reader freeware to read an ext3 disk from Windows).

Another way to delete the previous torrent list is to reset the router to the factory defaults settings. Press and hold the reset botton for 10 seconds and wait for 1 minute. All the settings will be back to the default ones (default IP address 192.168.11.1).

If you have  different issue or different router than WZR-HP-G300NH please get back with as much details as you can.

Zimeon

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 02:17:16 PM »

If i remember correctly the reason why yuou are getting that error is due to the fact that the buffalo BT client doesn't accept spaces in the torrent file name. Try removing the spces in the torrent filename and you should be good. A good idea would be to format the disk to xfs to be able to handle torrent files with a combined size over 4gb if you need that.

n8n

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 09:20:08 PM »

Same here with the error message.  I removed spaces and special characters, and didn't have to do any resets.