Author Topic: How do I change the mac address for my WZR-HP-G300NH  (Read 2798 times)

wzr_user

• Calf
How do I change the mac address for my WZR-HP-G300NH
« on: December 23, 2009, 09:42:16 PM »

Apparently my internet service provider has an ACL based on the mac address and so to be able to replace their router with the WZR-HP-G300NH, I need to change the mac address. I saw another solved thread on this subject here which says it is possible but doesn't say how. Can someone tell me how to do this ?

wzr_user

• Calf
Addendum: How do I change the mac address for my WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »

I suppose I am stating the obvious here but the mac address needs to be changed for  the WAN(internet) interface. How can I do this ?

zaphod777

• Tatanka
Re: Addendum: How do I change the mac address for my WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 01:28:40 AM »

Don't think it is possible maybe using 

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

of course you will void your warranty and possibly brick your router.

I think if you call your ISP and ask them to add your MAC address. I have had to do this when I wanted to use my cable modem instead of theirs.

or you could just set ISP router to DMZ to your router and turn off all of their wireless stuff. 

or it might have a bridged mode option.

wzr_user

• Calf
Re: Addendum: How do I change the mac address for my WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 10:37:07 AM »

Thank you for your response Zadhod777, it turned out to be much easier than I thought. Its just that the interface is in Japanese (I am in Tokyo) and it took me a while to find it. Its right there under Internet/LAN settings called Internet?MAC????. This basically spoofs the WAN mac address. :)