Author Topic: WZR2-G300N - Cannot connect with vista, but can with XP?  (Read 4906 times)

gekamas

• Calf
WZR2-G300N - Cannot connect with vista, but can with XP?
« on: February 08, 2009, 06:18:53 PM »

I need your expert advice.

Problem: Vista-based system cannot connect to the wireless router. When I clck to connect, it think for a little bit and then gives an error that the router does not respond.

History: I have a lynksys cable modem / wireless router. It used drop signals off all the time, so I disabled the wireless router and hooked up BUffalo wirelss router to it. Everything work fined for 6-7 month. Now, the other day, I got a limited connectivity message on both this vista based machine and my xp-based laptop. I restared both. The xp laptop can connect and I can get out to the Inet. The vista desctop, however, cannot connect whatsoever giving the above-mentioned error. If I enable linksys wireless router, I can connect to it so the vista wireless card is not a problem.

Any ideas? (tried restarting everything comps routers, modems ... made everything not secured .... laptop can connect vista cannot)

Thanks 

Message Edited by gekamas on 02-08-2009 06:19 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: WZR2-G300N - Cannot connect with vista, but can with XP?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 05:07:15 PM »
Try using a different wireless channel on the Buffalo router. If this doesn't work, make sure you have the latest firmware, and reset the device by holding in the reset buttons for >5 seconds.