Author Topic: I need help getting my Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to work.  (Read 13219 times)

Bacon62

• Calf
I need help getting my Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to work.
« on: February 05, 2009, 01:32:13 AM »

I have Windows Vista. I have downloaded the latest version which works with Vista. I also have the disc. Everytime I try it, it tells me that I do not have the proper drivers. It then asks me to put in the disc and that also fails to find the drivers. Is there a way to download the right drivers to get my device working? It is Model No. NTR-010(USA)

Also, when I try the downloaded version from nintendowifi.com It tells me to put in my device, and I do. But at the end, it tells me to put it in again! So it fails. So is it not recognizing it?

Message Edited by Bacon62 on 02-05-2009 03:13 AM

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: I need help getting my Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to work.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 01:35:14 PM »
We do not support that product. Please contact Nintendo for support. I was able to find the latest software, it appears that version 1.06 or higher is required for Windows Vista: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineUSBDownload.jsp

Bacon62

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 09:33:40 PM »

Is there a different version of the device that is supported that is not NTR-010?

and I know I need v. 1.06 or higher.

thanks.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 11:34:34 AM »
I believe that Buffalo worked with Nintendo to produce the NTR-010, but as we did not distribute it ourselves, we cannot support it.
Message Edited by Colin137 on 02-06-2009 11:35 AM

Bacon62

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »

I don't understand by "we don't support it". All of them say "powered by Buffalo". Are you saying that all of them are now useless and don't work no matter what I do?

Are ALL of the devices since the launch of the thing NTR-010? If so, I could get my old one to work with XP even though you say that you didn't support it.

edit: Anyway, I know the problem pretty much. I have the 64 bit version of Vista which a lot of people told me will not work with the device and Nintendo most likely doesn't even know that because they have never mentioned that. Apparently it only works with the 32 bit operating system.

Well, thanks for the help anyway. :-/

Message Edited by Bacon62 on 02-06-2009 04:19 PM
Message Edited by Bacon62 on 02-06-2009 04:19 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 05:38:51 PM »

Sorry if "we don't support it" seems harsh. The Powered by Buffalo statement means that Buffalo has assisted Nintendo in development and manufacturing, but it is still Nintendo's product. We don't support it, meaning we have no documentation or control over the product, so we cannot provide any support for it. It's up to Nintendo, as they have all the information about it.

As far as I know, NTR-010 is the only Nintendo Wifi USB Connector model.

If you have 64 bit Vista, and Nintendo hasn't mentioned it, they may not have 64 bit drivers. Contact them and ask if there are any 64 bit drivers available.

Darkwing

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 11:02:28 AM »

it's funny........as even when Buffalo does support a product, they don't even themselves have 64 bit drivers for it. A bit strange for a product bought in 2009 that doesn't support technology years old. Even my 3 year old Safecom usb adapter supports 64 bit.........but not my 2 weeks old Buffalo infinity WLI-UC300N.......:smileysurprised:

And when you then send an email to the customer support department asking when 64 bit drivers will be available, they tell you to return the product to the shop as they don't plan to develop 64 bit drivers......how weird!

I thought 64 bit was to be the future, seems Buffalo doesn't look at the future then.

All in all very dissapointed with driver support and will indeed bring it back to the shop, together with their router which does work however, but with the draft N business I rather use hardware from the same vendor. And then preferably a vendor who does support 64 bit.