Author Topic: whr-g300n is only causing troubles  (Read 4234 times)

twiadpaws

• Calf
whr-g300n is only causing troubles
« on: February 01, 2009, 01:14:20 AM »

Hello everyone

I've bought the whr-g300n router recently but it doesnt seem to work they way I want it to.

I've first tried to set it up as a part of the existing network using a valid ip-address within the given range. Wouldn't work. Not for wired connections, not for wireless ones. Then I tried setting it up in another network (Notice: Yes I plugged therefore the cable from the 1st network into the wan-slot for avoiding further questions). It really bugged me as it would only work using DHCP on the first router. Because this lovely little tool wouldn't like to connect to the first network. Well, I could be living with that if it worked, but it wouldn't. Wired connections pass through whereas wireless ones just go to nowhere. Yes I agree I should have bought a ZyXel router because I wouldnt have to fight problems like these. Now I've bought this one already and I most likely wouldn't want to spend any more money to get wlan to work. I think I'm going nuts. So please no "Is the power cable connected" suggestions.

ivski

• Calf
Re: whr-g300n is only causing troubles
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 02:57:20 AM »
   For me it works fine.

twiadpaws

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 08:57:32 AM »
   Oh great. You're helping SO much with your answer. Thank you very much. You deserve a VERY COOKIE that for! Have you got nothin to do or something like this so you're hanging out on that forum for no specific reason giving stupid answers? Or have your parents just not looked after you very well?

ivski

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 03:43:08 PM »

<<stupid answers>> 

I can't answer noting more, coz I'm not a wizard. I'm not shure what kind of settings you try to use. Did You set IP, NETMASK, DNS, GATE? I DO NOT KNOW!

So, what kind of answer You want?

Try to change pills!

twiadpaws

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 06:58:22 PM »
   I want a solution. No i left those blank. Ofc I set this stuff. Wired connection work the way I've set up the router, but wireless don't. That's the why i want to know.