Author Topic: LS-CH500L not working  (Read 3026 times)

Spete

• Calf
LS-CH500L not working
« on: February 14, 2009, 11:08:19 AM »

Hi, I'm having problems with LS-CH500L. It worked fine at first, but now it won't work anymore.

When I turn on the power switch, the blue light starts flashing normally, but shortly after that, it starts flashing red/orange/whatever light for a few seconds, and then blue light starts flashing again. Blue light won't stop flashing at all.

I can't connect to my LinkStation anymore at all, no matter what I have tried. I've tried pressing the function button when switching the power on, but still does the same. Can't shut it down from the power switch either, nothing happens, it just keeps flashing blue light, so I have had to unplug the cable.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't care if I lose all my data, just want to get it working again.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: LS-CH500L not working
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 06:30:58 PM »

Spete,

Try holding down the function button after the blue light starts flashing.  If you open NAS Navi and try to find the unit on the network could you tell what firmware version you're running?

Spete

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 07:05:59 PM »

Can't find the unit from the network at all. And pressing the function button after the blue light starts flashing didn't help.

cmpguys

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 06:48:40 PM »

I have the exact same issue, but I didn't see any resolution to this issue.  I cannot boot into EM, nor can I connect it directly to the PC and ping it.  It appears to be stuck in boot mode and the firmware updater cannot find it:

"the LS-CHL that needs updating wasn't found".

I'm also 100% stuck and am hoping someone can help us.

Thanks in advance.

cmpguys

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 07:03:46 PM »

I repeated the process of trying to get into EM several times (maybe 3-4) and eventually the blinking blue light turned solid blue.

At that point, I was able to see it in NASNavigator2.  It was listed as in EM.

I could then update the firmware - and all looks good now after the update.

I would try the process of holding the function button down while powering on several times to see if you can get out of it.

Good Luck!