Author Topic: WHR-G125 problem port forwarding for tv  (Read 3847 times)

masvid

• Calf
WHR-G125 problem port forwarding for tv
« on: January 09, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »

Hi,

I have got WHR-G125. I am using NB through wlan ant PC with UTP cable. My internet provider gives tv on internet. when i am conecting without WHR-G125  I can see tv, but with router not. they gave an instruction to start port UDP 5000. I tried to play with configurations in port forwarding with  port UDP 5000, bet tv still cann't show (black window). my friends have d-link DIR-300 and other Linksys 54GL ant they can see tv through them. What I am doing wrong? Or maybe WHR-G125  is not the right one?:smileyhappy:

James254

• Calf
Re: WHR-G125 problem port forwarding for tv
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:54:31 PM »
   The router you have should be able to support that type of connection. When setting up port forwarding in that router try these steps. Go into LAN Config, make sure you have the IP address of the device you are opening the port for entered in, under protocol use UDP Port Manual Setup and enter that port number. Usually when there is a start port there is also an end port. Maybe there are more ports in the range of UDP 5000 that need to be opened. Usually there are more than one port that need to be opened up for communication on devices like this one.

masvid

• Calf
Re: WHR-G125 problem port forwarding for tv
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 01:17:50 PM »

Hi,

did it again: Group: megaTV,

Internet Side IP address: Airstation's Internet IP address,

Protocol: TCP/UDP: UDP Port Manual Setup - Port number:5000,

LAN Side IP Address - 192...

LAN Side Port - none.

p.s. One more thing - about my computer IP address. In Start-Run-cmd-ipconfig /all ... I see one IP address 192..., but when I am opening site of internet provider and sign in, I see writen that my IP address is 88.222....

Tried port forwarding with bouthg of them, but still ... TV -NONE.