Author Topic: Connecting Ethernet Converter WLI-TX4-G54HP to AirStation WHR-HP-G54S?  (Read 6198 times)

mawni

• Calf

Hello all, I have bough the following devices:

1. Ethernet Converter LI-TX4-G54HP 

2. AirStation WHR-HP-G54S

I have a DVR (Digital Video Recorder For Surveillance System) which has an ethernet adapter, but its about 50 feet away from the airstation, so I bough the Ethernet Bridge configured it as following:

1. Airstation IP is 192.168.11.1

2. Ethernet Converter IP is 192.168.11.111

3. DVR IP is 192.168.11.222

Now I could connect to the DVR from the local network using a laptop connected using wire to the Airstation and using wireless connection also. But the connection exist for few minutes, then thier is no connection; I solved this by resetting every thing to its factory default and starting all configuration over, and now every thing is working very well. 

The main problem is I need to establish a DMZ connection to the DVR, I want to connect to DVR from any place on the internet, I have static IP, and my Airstation is connected to internet using PPPOE, but every time I try to connect from outside I failed, I simply added the DMZ using the following Steps:

1. Network Config

2. Address Translation.

3. Set the IP Address of DMZ as the DVR IP (192.168.11.222)

4. Enabled The LOG.

5. APPLY.

but the DVR is still not accessible from the internet??:smileymad:

So I added rules to Firewall to Allow all access from WAN to LAN to any port, but didn't solved it:smileysad:, added NAT Group to (ALL) to be forwarded to DVR. but can't figure where is the problem??!?!:smileysurprised:

I am working in computer networks since 8 years, I had MCSE and CCNA, but never get in such trouble??!

and I have another question also, where can I allow remote managment for the Airstation

Thanks all for your answers, it will be appreciated! :smileywink:

ScottP

• Tatanka
Re: Connecting Ethernet Converter WLI-TX4-G54HP to AirStation WHR-HP-G54S?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:52:47 AM »

Just as a test, have you tried plugging the DVR into one of the LAN ports on the router itself?  This would help us rule out the extra hop from the Ethernet Converter.  While that extra hop shouldn't cause problems for port forwarding, since the converter's used with game systems and can maintain a session without error, but it would be wise to eliminate it for now to help narrow down the issue to a NAT problem or a problem on the DVR itself.

From the info you've given, it appears you have it set up exactly as I would have if I were in the same situation.  Can you ping the DVR or access it by IP from within your internal network?  

mawni

• Calf
Re: Connecting Ethernet Converter WLI-TX4-G54HP to AirStation WHR-HP-G54S?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 05:21:14 AM »

Thanks for your respond my friend, yes forsure I tried it, it connects very well with DVR, finally I got to know what is the problem: in the company I am installing these products thier is unstable electric which causes the ethernet converter to disconnect and connects again every minute.

Thanks again for respond