Author Topic: New more signal  (Read 3406 times)

rthrasher

• Calf
New more signal
« on: January 05, 2009, 09:49:38 AM »

I have a WHR-HP-G54 Wireless G MIMO Router paired with a WLI-CB-G54HP adapter with a 6.5 DBi high gain antenna.  I also have a few more machines with with other G adapters on my network. 

The WLI-CB-G54HP adapter has some distance (another building on the property) between the Router and the laptop and is not getting the signal needed to function well.  I wanted to try one of the repeaters but Buffalo isn't selling them right now so I tried a Linksys Wirless N Router and a Linksys paired card which actually didn't perform as well as the Buffalo G Router setup.

Can anyone suggest to me a solution that will provide the necessary signal strength to make this all work?  External antenna (suggestions on brand with cost as an important factor), repeaters (models that work, etc.), or any other solutions?  I've looked at Ebay and though there are no Buffalo repeaters available, Hawking is mentioned. 

Thanks in advance for anything you can offer!

ScottP

• Tatanka
Re: New more signal
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:42:48 AM »

Before adding repeaters, you may want to try different wireless channels in the router, or moving it to a different position than the one it's currently in.  Sometimes this can help quite a bit.  A higher-gain antenna would also be a good solution if you  cannot procure a repeater.

Otherwise, just keep checking the retail market, as the Buffalo wireless product should be available again in the very near future at your favorite retail vendors.