Author Topic: WHR-G54 Interferance/Configuration  (Read 4246 times)

shaf

• Calf
WHR-G54 Interferance/Configuration
« on: December 22, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »

I am posting here after support call help so I have: changed channels, reset my router, and used a TKIP security. For the past 2 weeks I have been getting interference and my wireless was kept lossing its signal and then would reconnect randomly. This happened aroung the same time in the evening so I automatically assumed it was another wireless network. iSumbler shows about 7-10 wireless signals all on channel 6 and one one channel 11. Mine is set on channel 1. But tonight I noticed something different- I connected to another signal and my net work was running again. And whn I jumped back on mine it never connected. So what does this mean? Does my router need additional settings?

-=Shaf=-

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: WHR-G54 Interferance/Configuration
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 09:40:07 AM »
First make sure you have the latest firmware on your router, then do a factory reset from the web interface.  Let me know if its still a problem.

linny40

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 03:52:13 PM »

can you explain please how you add the latest firmware. i have had a look but as i cannot see mine listed  model no WHRG54S  i dont know where to look to see if my airstation has uptodate firmware OK i found the firmware but itsasking for the file - which i dont seem to have on my system it says browse your pc but does not tell you what file you want or where to find it. so i cant update any firmware and not sure if my firmware is out of date.

can you help please. Ive downloaded the 93 page pdf file and read page 22 think it was which told me where and how to get the firmware but without knowing which file to use or where to find it im stuck.

thanks

Message Edited by linny40 on 01-06-2009 10:24 PM

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 09:04:14 AM »

If you go to buffalotech.com then support then downloads.

there are 2 drop down boxes, under the both boxes there is some text with a link to an archive site.

please click on that, in this list you will find the firmware.