Author Topic: wzr2-g300n Changing ui language (flashing another firmware)  (Read 4906 times)

jlumme

• Calf
wzr2-g300n Changing ui language (flashing another firmware)
« on: December 14, 2008, 07:37:54 AM »

Hi,

I'm living in Japan, and bought the above mentioned router. Unfortunately I don't understand Japanese, and although I suppose I can ask a friend to help me with configuring it, I was wondering if I could just flash another firmware on it that has english menu..

The router comes pre-loaded with 1.52 FW, and now when I try to flash the same FW version again, it ways that flashing failed. 

File I'm trying to flash is: WZR2-G300N_1.52_1.22_EU_eng-de-fr-it-es-zh_cn-zh_tw-ko_ral_1.4.1.0_SAMPLE.bin

Is it possible to re-flash same version FW that the router currently has ?

Is there other flashing method besides the web gui I could try ? 

I don't know whether this relates to same problem that users have posted here about being unable to flash 1.52FW via gui...

Thanks in advance!

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: wzr2-g300n Changing ui language (flashing another firmware)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 11:06:10 AM »
If you flash the firmware using another countries firmware, then the warranty is void. 

jlumme

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »

I fully realise this, but in it's current state, it's very frustrating to use babelfish etc. to configure all the settings :)

I was just wondering whether there are some restrictions in the firmware regarding cross-flashing. Currently if I try to flash any european (or american) FW, it says incorrect firmware (or something to that effect).

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:13:56 AM »
Yes there will be restricting factors.