Author Topic: (WHR-G300N Router)Only 1 PC connects to internet  (Read 6351 times)

Htx386

• Calf
(WHR-G300N Router)Only 1 PC connects to internet
« on: December 08, 2008, 02:43:40 PM »

I have a strange problem with my WHR-G300N router:

Only one out of three PC's connected to my router connects to the Internet via Wireless. I don't think the problem lies with my internet connection, as I can get my laptop and desktop to connect to the internet simultaneously, if I plug my laptop into the router via an ethernet cable.

My laptop, and second desktop can connect to the wireless network, but won't connect to the internet.

How do I get the other two PCs to connect to the internet through the wireless connection?

I'm running WinXP on my two desktops and Vista on my laptop. Both desktops have a Linksys network-PCIcard.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: (WHR-G300N Router)Only 1 PC connects to internet
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:42:59 AM »

What IP address are you pulling on the working PC?

start run type

CMD

then type

ipconfig

get the IP of the network adapter that is connecting to the router.

Most likely you have this set up in bridge mode so you are not passing the NAT table.  So your router is only passing on one IP not the full range.

Let us know we will help you set it up

Htx386

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »

Actually, I solved the problem just a moment ago - it turns out that my laptop was trying to connect via an uanssigned static ip, from my old wireless NW, I guess.

The other desktop had some linksys-software running that fouled the dynamic ip up, I think. It runs pretty stable with WinXP config.

But, hey! If you can point me in the right direction to setting up a network, It'd be fantastic!

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 04:02:01 PM »
Glad to hear that you found the problem. What do you mean by "setting up a network"?

Htx386

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »
   Like a LAN between the computers. But, I think I might be able to find info about that other places. If not, I'll just return here.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 04:37:37 PM »
I imagine you're speaking of Windows File and Print Sharing. If so, try looking through http://www.windowsnetworking.com/. That site has many helpful tutorials.