Author Topic: Airstation Ethernet Converter config  (Read 6108 times)

Benson112

• Calf
Airstation Ethernet Converter config
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:01:17 AM »

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Buffalo 11mps Wireless ethernet media converter from ebay. When it arrived i found that the CD was snapped and i cant for the life of me find the Converter Manager that i need to configure the device.

Model Number is: WLI-T1-S11G

Does anybody know how you configure this manually? Or where i could download the drivers / install CD?

I have downloaded a version for the Airstation Turbo G but it doesnt recognise that i have a ethernet converter plugged in!! Sooooo frustrating!

TIA 

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Airstation Ethernet Converter config
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 11:14:55 AM »
  • Plug the computer directly into the back of the Ethernet Converter and Initialise it. Do not have it plugged into the router.

• Change the IP address of the computer to 1.1.1.2 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and no Default Gateway.  How-to Set a Static IP

• Open a web browser and enter http://1.1.1.1 into the address bar to log in and configure the Ethernet Converter.

ALWAYS used Advanced.  There Main page only accepts HEX WEP keys.  
Enlarge
ALWAYS used Advanced.  There Main page only accepts HEX WEP keys.
Click Search  
Enlarge
Click Search
ISelect their wireless networkII Click Set  
Enlarge
ISelect their wireless network
II Click Set
I Now set the encryption, if any.  They have to know this.  If they do not have a Buffalo Router we can not help them figure out their Encryption key.II Click Set  
Enlarge
INow set the encryption, if any. They have to know this. If they do nothave a Buffalo Router we can not help them figure out their Encryptionkey.

II Click Set
Now set the computer back to obtain an IP address automatically
  • You may need to powercycle the device (unplug it and plug it back in) to get a valid connection.

Benson112

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 11:21:34 AM »

Thanks mate, ill give it a go when i get home in a few mins.

The pics didnt work BTW 

Benson112

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »

Hi mate,

managed to get into the settings however, i didnt see a search button on the advanced settings?

I tried to enter the details manually, however it will only let me select WEP encryption, and my network is WPA.

Help! :-) 

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30:27 AM »
Try to update the firmware, also this is based off of the US version.