Author Topic: Buffalo wireless adapter  (Read 5169 times)

Buffalo2

• Calf
Buffalo wireless adapter
« on: September 25, 2008, 12:53:51 PM »

Hi

I set up my buffalo wireless adapter when I bought it and eveything was working fine.  It installed successfully and communicated with the router so I was able to go on the internet.

I did not use that computer for a couple of days.  When I went back to use it I could not get on the internet because when I click on the Buffalo icon on the computer it said "adapter not found". 

I reinstalled the adapter successfully, but it still came up with adapter not found. The only difference that i can see is that when it was working the green LED light on the adapter use to flash on and off.  Now that it is not working the LED light just stays on it does not flash.

Message Edited by Buffalo2 on 09-25-2008 04:09 PM

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Buffalo wireless adapter
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 01:30:11 PM »

Check in the device manager to see if your PC sees the device.  If not try another slot or a different computer.

You could have a defect slot or the card its self can be bad.

GerFlannigan

• Calf
Re: Buffalo wireless adapter
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 07:21:18 AM »

If the adapter can be seen in device manager try the following 

Select adapters and you should see the Buffalo adapter listed, right click this and select un-install, once this has been completed, remove the adpater and re-boot your PC. Once the PC has been re-booted, insert the installation CD for your adapter and install the drivers and attach the adapter when requested this should complete the driver installation and allow you to again use your adapter.