Author Topic: Connection (PPPoE) problem of WZR2-G300N at Netvigator@HK  (Read 5868 times)

dominic

• Calf
Connection (PPPoE) problem of WZR2-G300N at Netvigator@HK
« on: October 27, 2008, 01:54:33 AM »

Hi,

I am from Hong Kong and I bought WZR2-G300N months ago.  In fact, I found that when connecting this wireless router directly to the ADSL modem provided by Netvigator HK (model: NEC ATU-R300), it experiences a serious packet loss through PPPoE.  I have my notebook which (1) has a Terminal which pings to a particular host in the ISP continuously, (2) connects to youtube.com and plays video continuously.  I found that:

(1) the youtube movie jitters a lot , AND

(2) pinging to the host in the same ISP gives a lot of packet loss.

However, if I connect WZR2-G300N to a cheap network switch, and my ADSL modem also connects to this cheap network switch, the jittering problem seems to be solved with much fewer packet loss (on average, only 2-3 among 300 ICMP packets).

I wonder if there could be a newer firmware which could fix this problem, or it is a hardware issue which is not fixable.  The Firmware version of my WZR2-G300N is already 1.52 .

Thanks.

Message Edited by dominic on 10-26-2008 11:58 PM

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Connection (PPPoE) problem of WZR2-G300N at Netvigator@HK
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 02:46:45 PM »
I will try to try create the same issue, I will report my findings up to our development team

dominic

• Calf
Re: Connection (PPPoE) problem of WZR2-G300N at Netvigator@HK
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:00:17 PM »

Paul, thanks much for your investigation.

In fact, it seems that it is not the problem only on me.  If you guys could read Traditional Chinese, you may wish to look at this forum discussion:

http://www8.discuss.com.hk/archiver/?tid-8016169.html

Some asked for refund from the dealer due to this problem.  Thanks.