Author Topic: Firmware update required for newer Free Dynamic DNS Service  (Read 4759 times)

Netvicious

• Calf
Firmware update required for newer Free Dynamic DNS Service
« on: April 09, 2014, 02:49:42 AM »
Hi!

I have one WZR-HP-G300NH with user-friendly firmware.

DynDNS bought time ago TZO, and DynDNS it's sending a mail to all of his users with a notification they will delete all the free accounts in 30 days.

So I won't be able to get a free dynamic dns service within the router firmware. (I know I could install other clients on my computer, but I want to do it on the router because the computer it's off when I'm not at home).

I want to know if Buffalo will release a new firmware update with newer dynamic dns services (afraid.org seems to be the best positioned because it's community driven, or others [1]), or if we need to upgrade to DD-WRT firm to get it working another time.

[1] http://www.gnutomorrow.com/best-free-dynamic-dns-services-in-2013/

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Firmware update required for newer Free Dynamic DNS Service
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:00:15 AM »
The DDWRT firmware gives multiple options for DDNS.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

unclehook

• Calf
Re: Firmware update required for newer Free Dynamic DNS Service
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 11:03:03 AM »
I want to know if Buffalo will release a new firmware update with newer dynamic dns services (afraid.org seems to be the best positioned because it's community driven, or others [1]), or if we need to upgrade to DD-WRT firm to get it working another time.
Also I would like to know the answer to your question.

I just bought a WZR-600DHP2, and I am really happy with the product; pity that without a DDNS becomes difficult to use the built-in PPTP service (the main reason why I chose Buffalo).

The DDWRT firmware gives multiple options for DDNS.

Not all Buffalo's products can install DD-WTR (or at least not yet, mine is not in the DB).

So would be the case that Buffalo found a solution to the problem, integrate no-ip, zoneedit or another free service for you to use at least the integrated vpn and other services of the device for which it is necessary to use a ddns.