Author Topic: LS-CHL and twonky version  (Read 11382 times)

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
Re: LS-CHL and twonky version
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »

Rengel, there is a new version were on Twonky? As far as I know Twonky doesnt really support NAS products any more so a new release of twonky doesnt really mean we are getting a new firmware. Josh what I don't understand is why do we have to request something that is considered a main feature of this NAS and should be maintained. That is like saying that say these "Brand New" Linstations are only compatible with Windows XP and we should be requesting that it be updated to be compatible with Vista/7. It should not be our job to request that the hardware be up to date it should be the companies job to have the latest and greatest out there. Josh, I'm not trying to bash on you, I know you are just a mod and you have no control, this is not against you and we do appreciate the fact that you answer out questions. Thanks

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 01:44:35 PM »

The request is so our Engineers can see what the users are asking for.  I would go as far as saying "It should not be our job to request that the hardware be up to date."  Constuctive criticism is much appreciated and by no means do I see your statement as a "bash" .  Im a consumer just like you.    I would like to see it added also so I will add it as a feature request.

Elbozo

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 03:20:47 AM »

Same problem,

I need twonky 5 to work well with my samsung led TV.

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 10:26:03 AM »

Sorry Elbozo, it's not going to happen. Since this thread was opened there have been 3 firmware updates. Updates to fix things that most of us didn't even know were broken. If you just bought your Buffalo, return it and get a Western Digital, they have a much newer version of twonky on their NAS devices. (Book II) Most of us are stuck with our units due to budget, but if you are able to return it, do it!

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 11:22:06 AM »

if you want Twonky updated, quit talking about it on this part of the forums, and vote for it here by adding a kudo to it.

The more votes, the more the engineers take the request seriously. At this point, it has 12 votes - it needs more to get Engineering attention.

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 02:42:54 PM »

drmemory, I think the reason no one is voting on that idea is that we know its just a waste of time. Buffalo does not look at the users ideas to update their firmware. Its pretty obvious when and Admin like yourself has to suggest the idea to the company? Don't you work for Buffalo? Shouldn't Buffalo listen the folks that administer its forums. If anyone knows what the customers want its you guys. They should have listened to you when you first mentioned it. The ability to update one of the main features of a products should not be wishful thinking of the customer, it should be done along with other firmware updates. Buffalo keeps "improving" its webaccess ability but honestly it SUCKS!. Its easier to use FTP or other applications. I purchased an app for $.99 from apple that lets me see my nas away from home on both my ipad and iphone, something I could never do using buffalos "improved" webaccess feature. Webaccess is probably used by 25% of the customers while I can almost guarantee that 75% of the folks that have a NAS use it to stream media to either an Xbox or PS3 or directly to TV. Its pretty disconcerning when an administrator for a forum has to suggest that the customers ask Buffalo to improve their services. Improving and having the latest and greatest should be done automatically. Done, I will get off my soap box now. Thanks for listening.

Elbozo

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 02:20:25 AM »

I voted for the "idea". Unhappy09, you should do the same things. I'll try to create an official online petition to update TwonkyMedia Server on Buffalo NAS and let us to configure it on the 9050 port.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 08:16:55 AM »

unhappy09 - your opinion. Fact is that Japan engineering does look at the top voted ideas in the idea exchange every month, and factor in what the USA employees suggest, and they take several other factors in too, and weigh them together. When they see that only a small amount of  (it's moved from 12 to 17 in a couple days and that is a positive gain - keep voting) people have voted on the forums for keeping Twonky updated, they aren't impressed. Keep voting and make them take notice.

Get all your friends to vote for the idea that is already on the idea exchange (don't split the votes by duplicating the idea on the idea exchange)

Elbozo

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 08:30:11 AM »

I will talk about this vote on French forum, do same thing for other US forum.

It looks that the germany community around the linkstation is important. We should do the same thinks on german forum.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 08:31:34 AM »

what are the URLs of the German and French forums?

Elbozo

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 08:42:26 AM »

It's not Buffalo's Forum.

The only active french forum I know is : http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Hardware/HDD/buffalo-linkstation-live-sujet_784347_1.htm

I will write a message on twonky forum and on nas-central.

PS: About the "Idea", is it possible to edit it to add the possibility to configure twonky media on port 9050 and tell them that we agree to pay the new licence of twonkymedia.

The revolution is ON !

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 08:57:14 AM »

That is not an offical Buffalo EU forum, there is none.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 09:00:21 AM »

Buffalotech will not help users to self-update twonky by themselves - too risky for the majority of users (bricking their units). It has to be in the form of a FW update only, if it comes from Buffalotech.

Rengel

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 09:06:40 AM »

That's what I did.

I installed Twonky Version 4.17 on my LS and it's running with a key I bought by myself.

I didn't find a way to install t.he 5.x version on it.

But the 4.17 is working fine with my Sony TV.

Elbozo

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 04:31:31 AM »