Author Topic: LS-CHL and twonky version  (Read 11379 times)

say170

• Calf
LS-CHL and twonky version
« on: February 12, 2009, 02:22:32 PM »
   Twonky have released 5.046 which addresses many problems in the version supplied as the mediaserver of the LS-CHL.  Are there plans to bundle this version in the future, or, offer an upgrade path via a new firmware please?

Jason

• El Toro
Re: LS-CHL and twonky version
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 09:05:29 AM »
Unknown, will look into this.

manuel-rico

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 07:55:28 AM »
   So? It's been more than a month of research...

manuel-rico

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 02:43:10 PM »
   Now it's almost TWO months!

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 04:05:33 PM »
When Twonky releases a new version of their software this does not guarantee an immediate update of our firmware. Since the firmware needs to be recoded, debugged, etc. our firmware development team needs time to get a working version of the firmware out. Otherwise, we'll have more problems than solutions on our forums ;) We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Message Edited by Dustrega on 04-06-2009 04:06 PM

witm

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 05:39:36 AM »
   Any news this? I have also asked the same question on another of my threads and have not received any news.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 03:31:26 AM »
Usually, we don't get firmware news as our firmware developers are overseas and by the time the firmware is released details are still scant for us as to what was fixed, added, etc. let alone what the next update will include before release. I apologize but we have no news of a Twonky update as of this juncture.

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 12:34:04 AM »

say, did you ever find a solution to this. I too would like to upgrade to the latest version of twonky.

Rengel

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 02:27:35 PM »

Me two, the LS-CHL does not work with the 4x version of the Twonky! I NEED 5 for my Sony TV!!!

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 02:57:02 PM »

Rengel, I know there is a way to update the Twonky to a newer version but it cannot be discussed here because it involves hacking into the LS and that would void your warranty and hacking is not allowed on these forums. I understand that Twonky doesnt support NAS installed versions anymore but they are still updating their media server program for NAS. We are 2 versions too old on an LS i bought 3 weeks ago. I don't see how hard it is for Buffalo to release a firmware update to get us closer to the newest version.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 06:18:46 AM »

I would suggest posting this request in the Idea Exchange Lounge so the Admins can see it as a feature request.

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »

Thanks for the heads up Josh. I checked it out and it seems Rengel has already posted it a few days ago. I searched and saw that there are actually 5-6 posts about people wanting it updated from like 6 months ago. It obviously hasnt been done. I know the mods here help alot and they do the best they can with what they have, but to be honest I don't think Buffalo is really caring what the customer wants any more. I think the percentage of people that have a nas and are happy with the basic function of a nas (Network Storage/Backup) is more than the people that want the most out of their NAS, so they dont really care about that small percentage. Its a shame, but well survive. Thanks

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 02:16:23 PM »

If more people post about a certin feature they would like added then it just increases your possibiltys of getting the feature added.

Rengel

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 07:40:45 AM »

I'm a little bit tired of asking and wishing over and over again for this feature!

Today there is a new version of the NAs available and do you think that buffalo will add the new Twonky Version inside an "old " firmware?

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 10:45:13 AM »

I apologize for your fustrations but I cant say for sure.  The only thing that I can tell you is if there is something that you would like to see then you have to put in a request for it.