Author Topic: Problem with WHR-G545  (Read 7584 times)

smmafs

• Calf
Problem with WHR-G545
« on: September 17, 2008, 07:25:43 PM »
   I'm not using the router for wireless connection at all. I have the connection running from the modem to the router. The router has connections outputting to the computer and the xbox360. The computer is connecting to the internet perfectly, but the xbox live connection keeps failing. I tried switching chords thinking maybe something is wrong with the wire. It still didn't work.  So I took the main connection out of the router and connected the modem directly to the 360 and it worked. It seems like there is a problem with the router. I usually use the computer and xbox live connection at the same time. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Problem with WHR-G545
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 10:09:59 AM »

First verify that the IP address of you PC is a 192.168.11.x number (make sure your not having an IP conflict).

Then try putting the IP address of the XBox in the DMZ of the router.

smmafs

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 04:10:10 PM »

I'm not sure how to check any of the router settings because the installation disc doesn't work with vista. Is there something I can download from the site so I can just reset the router completely?

The xbox360 goes through  the test connections and they all go through sucessful including the IP. It says Xbox Live connection failed, but only when connected through the router.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 09:05:28 AM »

In order to view the settings of the router please use a browser window and browser type in the IP address of the device, for the buffalo router it is 192.168.11.1

the log in info is 

root

password

Message Edited by Paul on 09-19-2008 09:06 AM