Author Topic: link station duo not showing as destination option for backing up files  (Read 1668 times)

whaas4

• Calf

I just purchase a link station duo and was attemting to do a backup. I installed the Nova Backup Proffessional that came with the station and where it asks for the destination for backup files to go, the device does not show up as an option. I do see the device in the NAS Navigator 2 application so something is there to be seen through my wireless connection. Just does not show up in the Nova software. Anyone with ny ideas or solutions would be appreciated. I am using and ASUS laptop running windows 7. Thanks in advance.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

You need to map the share first.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

TheSidewinder

• Calf

You can try this as well, it may work on your unit; when asked for a destination, type a double backslash \\ in the input box then wait for a bit, see if the device shows up with its device name. (With my LS-WVL and Novaback, that works, and I don't have to map the drive.) When you choose the destination and backup filename, a second input line/box should appear below the one from which you just selected the drive. I forget its text label, but it's for the name/pass you want the backup to use. I use the admin name/pass.