Author Topic: DLNA Disconnects with Samsung players  (Read 2497 times)

wormvortex

• Calf
DLNA Disconnects with Samsung players
« on: December 21, 2012, 06:59:27 AM »

Is this issue ever going to be fixed. It appears it started in 1.6-fimware as mentioned here

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/New-LinkStation-firmware-1-60-issues-and-problems-on-DLNA/td-p/102576

We are now on 1.64 and it still does it. I'm being forced to use 1.57 firmware which has the older twonky server so cannot play half my files. However it is better than updating to anything past 1.6 and being about to watch 0% of my media!

wormvortex

• Calf
Re: DLNA Disconnects with Samsung players
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 06:46:28 AM »

Take that as a no then.

Won't be making the mistake of purchasing anything from Buffalo again.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:22:22 AM »

You haven't specified what Samsung player, model, firmware, and the rest of your setup yet per forum rules when asking for help.

chrisforfriends

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 04:16:40 PM »

Apparently, other units of Buffalo problems with DLNA and a solution is still not available. See my comments in other topic's

wormvortex

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »
It's quite obviously a problems with Buffalo's firmware so asking all about the samsung equipment is pointless and just trying to pass the blame off. There was no issue before the updated firmware and it is affecting numerous people all with different players etc...

jerrywolfer

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 11:25:31 AM »

Samsung BD D5500 DVD blueray player. Firmware update.

LS-WVL/E 4T linkstation pro; Firmware 1.64 s/n 85837825003111

DLNA disconnects with the Samsung DVD when trying to play movies (example Cars2) Audio AAC LC, Video AVC1

When selecting the movie from it's folder Linkstation chews on it for a minute or so then says "Not supported".

But will play home movies Audio AAC LC, Video AVC1

Is the problem a movie lenght issue ?

reverend_benny

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 01:31:07 AM »

Have a read about Cinavia, this has been pushed out silently to all Samsung devices that holds a BD player. Stops you from playing anything but BD movies on your device.

Basically, you had a great mediaplayer, after the update and install of Cinavia, its gone....

//Hans