Author Topic: Linkstation LS-XL not showing up on network, not able to connect  (Read 45707 times)

EightyEighter

• Calf

Hi all,

I've been searching the forum and the internet in general for a few days now for a solution but I can't seem to find one for this problem.

I have a Linkstation LS-XL Live which previously was connected on a network which worked perfectly; everything was configured and worked like it should. I recently moved and so I disconnected the linkstation from the previous network and I'm now trying to connect to my linkstation which doesn't seem to work.

It isn't showing up anywhere on my network when connecting it directly to my laptop with an Ethernet cable, it does show up in NAS Navigator2 after a while, I than get a message if I want to configure my linkstation and if I want to configure the date and time on my laptop, I click Yes which gives me a message that it's impossible to connect to the linkstation, do you want to configure the IP automatically? I click Yes, and then an error shows up that the date, time and IP couldn't be configured.

I tried the password reset tool but this counts down then goes over to a minus count (-2000 seconds etc) and eventually gives an error too.

I'm desperate; I really don't know what to do anymore, could someone help me please?

My laptop runs on Windows 8 64bits.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Linkstation LS-XL not showing up on network, not able to connect
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 05:46:05 AM »
When it prompts you to change IP address in the NAS navigator click no and post a screen shot of what it shows.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

EightyEighter

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 01:36:00 PM »

Thanks alot for willing to help; this is the error that I get when clicking "No":

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 04:26:14 AM »

no, post a screen shot of the main nas navigator window

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

EightyEighter

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 04:40:23 PM »

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Here you go:

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 03:46:39 AM »

OK, good, now what is the IP address of your PC?

EightyEighter

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 03:49:22 PM »

I think it is 192.168.0.4 (I guess it's the IP4 Address?)

Some more info:

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 192.168.0.4
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Server . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 109.88.203.3

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 06:49:31 AM »

OK, so they are not in the same IP range. Right click on the picture of the Linkstation in the nas navigator -> Properties, set the IP of the Linkstation to be 192.168.0.214, sunbet mask 255.255.255.0, default gateway 192.168.0.1 and click Apply.

EightyEighter

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 08:04:03 AM »

Thank you, I'll try this when I get home this evening but I think I'll get a connection error when trying to enter the properties. I'll try and post the result this evening.

EightyEighter

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »

I'm trying now but i'm getting this error:

Does this mean that the password I entered is incorrect or is there another problem?

EightyEighter

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 01:28:21 PM »

I just searched my password on my tablet (via buffalo app) and I'm putting the correct password in but still getting the error "the drive does not reply"

EightyEighter

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »

Anyone who can help me with this? Davo, please?

EightyEighter

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 08:49:54 AM »

Hi, I returned to my old house and linked the LS up to the old router. The drive was than accessible and worked like before, without a problem.

I than changed the IP ask stated by Davo so I'd be able to connect to the drive at my new home but once the changement was made I was unable to access the drive, wether it was linked to the router or to my laptop directly.

Is there a way to reset it to factory settings? Is the drive accessible when linked to a pc normally?

I would kindly appreciate any kind of help.

dgkirk

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 12:26:00 AM »
I had this very same problem and just fixed it tonight. So excited after three hours of pulling my hair out and almost throwing my linkstation out the window... had to share! be warned, I'm not super tech savvy.

The problem is the LinkStation was using the old IP address from it's former network. I had it set to static IP (for reasons that I don't need to go into here). The old IP was outside the range of the new router's subnet (or something like that). So I connected it directly to my PC's ethernet port. Went to TCP/IP settings and changed the IP and subnet to match the old network's (which I could see in the Buffalo Navigator window). And voila - I was connected to the LinkStation. All I had to do then was change the settings of the LinkStation to DHCP (which I did from Navigator), reconnect the LinkStation to the router, and reboot it. Don't forget to change the TCP/IP settings on your computer back to DHCP when you're done.

If you don't know how to change your computer's IP settings, just Google it. Or have a friend help you before you mess up your internet connection and are really up creek without a... internet connection.

PS: Buffalo Tech, your product is lame!!! Why doesn't it have a manual reset button on the back??? Would have saved me and so many other people countless hours.

antekpr

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 06:28:35 PM »
Same problem here, tried what you said it did not work. Help please!