Author Topic: Can't get past setting up buffaloNAS.com Name; says already used  (Read 9406 times)

jonnyski

• Calf

Hello:
HS-DH500GL, firmware 2.10

Router: Airport Extreme Base Station A1034

Comps: OSX 10.6, 10.5, Win7

Cable modem w/o router

Some years ago I had webaccess working through a lInksys router (easier port forwarding setup than this Apple thing) on an earlier firmware of the Linkstation.  I just now tried to re-instate it and am having trouble getting past the Service setup.  I have tried many options for the router, and after considerable research think the port is forwarded properly (using xx.x.x.201 which is outside the DHCP range, forwarding port 9000).  The linkstation is setup with the same static IP address.

At first I tried my old buffacloNAS.com name and key, but of course they were long out of date.  ALso, a year ago or so I updated the firmware in the Linkstation to 2.10.

Now, I've looked extensively on the web and these forums but can't find any reference to the exact problem encountered.  I've tried numerous arrangements of the router and the service setup but every time I hit 'Apply' button on the bottom of the Web Access Service Setup page it comes back with this Error "The account name chosen has either already been taken by another device, or the passwd entered is incorrect. Please try another name and/or passwd" (sic) .  I'm quite sure, as I've tried several different, very unique names, that the account name chosen isn't on another device.  I also tried a key with a symbol "@" in it, and got an Error back that that was not allowed in the key setting, so it seems the key is not "incorrect".

I followed the webaccess set up instructions both in the manual I have for the unit, and the ones linked at the top of the forum list.

I'm out of ideas, does anyone know what else could create this Error message in the web access setup page?

Thanks,

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Can't get past setting up buffaloNAS.com Name; says already used
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »

Reset the Linkstation -> Maintanence -> Initalization -> Restore Linkstation to Factory Defaults.

Once done choose anyother web access name and it should save successfully.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jonnyski

• Calf
Re: Can't get past setting up buffaloNAS.com Name; says already used
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 11:25:18 PM »

Took a little while to get everything backed up to another drive before trying the re-init.  Done just now, and new name and key registered successfully.  Many thanks for your quick solution.

Regards,

Jonnyski