Author Topic: Terastation 'EMERGENCY MODE NO ARRAY INFO'  (Read 19412 times)

spike007

• Calf
Terastation 'EMERGENCY MODE NO ARRAY INFO'
« on: February 08, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »

After rebuilding my video computer i wanted to get rid off all my backups. I decided to reformat the Terastation Pro II to start afresh, unfortunatley power was removed accidentally whilst 'resyncing' and now its buggered. When i start the nas navi all i get is 'Host Name - TS-HTGL-EM-72F' 'IP Address 192.168.1.66' 'Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0' 'MAC Address 00:16:01:A5:17:2F' 

No workgroup or firmware and i cannot access browser management.

HELP

Spike007 

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Terastation 'EMERGENCY MODE NO ARRAY INFO'
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:08:17 PM »

You need to go to buffalotech.com/support/downloads, select you unit, download the latest firmware and run the updater to fix the unit.

Hope this helps.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:44:40 PM »

Flash the firmware with the force update procedure:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=277&query.id=22933#M277

In the Debug->Config options, check "Force update", "Delete user config", and "Force update". Do NOT check the "rebuild partition table" option, unless you don't care about the data. 

JookyDFW

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 11:35:35 PM »

I wanted to add to this thread even though it is a bit stale. I recently got a Terastation Pro II (rackmount) from work with no drives. I went to Frys and got 4 new 500gb drives and proceeded to set the unit up. Well, I had all kinds of problems and stumbled on this thread. Unfortunately, the latest firmware (1.33) on the Buffalo website did not work for me. It would not detect the device (after I got it booted in EM mode). I finally decided to try the previous version (1.27) which did detect the device, flash the firmware, and re-format the drives.

absprinting

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 01:05:55 AM »

Hi, I've got same problem here with my Tera Station HS-DHTGL/R5 Series.

Please advice. Thanks

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 05:04:30 AM »

"Hi, I've got same problem here with my Tera Station  HS-DHTGL/R5 Series.

Please advice. Thanks"

Did you try the advise that has already been given by both Jotin and Colin137?  If so what were the results?

wast8

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 03:51:40 AM »

I have the same problem with TeraStation III (Model: TS-X2.0TL/R5) 2.0TB

I tried the solution on this board and now I cannot recover my data.

Anyone has another solution?

When the firmware 1.3 was use to get the unit out of EM mode. It somehow changed the Raid Configuration to Raid 0. I think the default Raid Mode was 5.

Can I drop the Raid array and create back Raid 5. Any remote chance of getting the data back? Its critical.

Thanks.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 04:21:24 AM »

Did you  check the box for rebuild partition table?  If you check delete user config it just deletes all the configs on the unit not the data.

wast8

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »

I did not check the box rebuild partition table. I know the data should still be in there but I'm unable to see it. How can I proceed on since the Raid config is different now?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 01:26:40 PM »

What do you mean by the RAID configuration being different?  Did you attempt to change the RAID structure?  If so, then the data is most likely gone.  The RAID does not just change without warning from RAID 5 to 0 during a firmware update.  If you are attempting to setup RAID 5 from 0 then the drives will be formatted and the data will be lost.  Your best option in this case is to probably contact a 3rd party data recovery center such as DriveSavers and see if it is possible to recover.

wast8

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »

Yes, that is what I thought. Firmware update should not change the RAID structure. But that is exactly what happen. I'm sure the drives were not formatted.

Okay lets say I was wrong about it going from RAID 5 to RAID 0 by itself. So lets say the RAID 0 config I see now is the same as my previous conifg, so how do I get back my data?

I recreated a share folder with the same name as before but I still could not see my data.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 04:14:11 PM »

Then it would most likely be best to consult a 3rd party data recovery center.  My apologies.

cw1972

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 03:42:26 AM »

the link:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/messag?e?board.id=0101&message.id=277&query.id=22933#M277

no longer works, but downloading and applying the lastest firmware worked for me, thanks :)

git2k9

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »

hi! I received the same message on our TS-X2.0 TL/R5 after reformatting every hard disk and deleting the partitions. How do I make it to work again? i have downloaded and run the firmware update but it is not working. The firmware update detects the terastation as TS-XL-EMAC8 and when you click on UPDATE, I received "Partition not found. Aborting firmware update".