Author Topic: Web Access Issue  (Read 1149 times)

ironlion27

• Calf
Web Access Issue
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:32:41 PM »

I have a linkstation that works great locally.  I can access the web interface remotely with no problem.  I am unable to access remotely.  When attempting to connect remotely through buffalonas.com/{linkstation name}  the address bar is populated with the correct Ip and the correct port but I receive a could not connect error.

Web Access Section of Link Station is as follows

WEbAccess Service: Enabled

Https: Disabled

Use buffalonas.com: enabled

buffalonas.com name: {name}

UPnP: Enabled

External Port:47287

Both my router on 192.168.1.1 and my modem at 192.168.1.0 have port forwarding set for the referenced port 47287 and both are UPnP enabled.  I have tried previous configurations with disabling the UPnP and setting a different port and port forwardings but have had the exact same issue.  

Please advise.

HollandLaw

• Calf
Re: Web Access Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:42:31 PM »

I don't have an answer to this but was looking for one myself.  This seems to be a long-standing and recurring theme with this company.  I will not buy again.  My old WD has great net access, with an occasional restart being needed to keep it going.
I think that the buffalonas.com website has issues.  I may try to set this up using the direct IP option that I read about when I got the drive, but I shouldn't have to do this.  This should work and keep working.
Currently, when I try to log on (yes, it's the correct NAS name) it comes up as website not available.  I had this a month ago, and a couple of months before that.  After much digging and resetting, I got it to work, of course while LOCAL to the drive over my WiFi.  What do I do when I am remote for a long period of time, need the info and can't go reset all of the settings to keep it working?
I think this is a fatal flaw in using the drive as an internet accessible drive.
I am not going to buy another drive.  I am going to subscribe to a cloud drive service.  It is already better, for small amounts of data, to use SkyDrive or the G Drive.  Why buy a harddrive that will eventually fail and then keep having to manually reset it to have access?