Author Topic: Backup doesn't backup - seems to hang. Disk management options seem to have disappeared  (Read 1350 times)

Justanotherjoe

• Calf

I have a Buffalo HD-HSQV2 2 TB external drive with 161 TB used and 207 GB free. It's set up to backup my C: on a HP desktop running Windoiws 7. But It stopped making backups in January even though there still seems to be plenty of room on the drive. I can open the restore utility and find and restore files backed up before January, but I am totally exposed for my most recent additions. I hit the "backup now" icon on the restore tab and it seemed to back up the drive but it seemed to hang, and the backup lasted 2 days. I finally re-booted the computer and it shows a backup dated March 1, but my most recent files are not on it. I am afraid to reinstall the backup management software because it requires me to reformat the drive and I would lose the chain of backups I have. But if I have to, I will format it and start over (since my C: drive is functioning ok. What should I do?